First coaching casualty of the season: Kiffbro.

Christopher Walker

Breaking news: Lane Kiffin has been relieved of his duties as USC's head football coach per AD Pat Haden.

— USC Trojans (@USC_Athletics)

September 29, 2013

The USC AD sent that out 5 AM their time. Lane Kiffin was asked to pack his bags as soon as the team plane got back last night.

• Upvote 1

Man, you think people are tough on RV, you should go read the things USC alum have to say about Pat Haden. Mostly along the lines of, "single handedly destroying a century of tradition and winning."

He should be canned for being stupid enough to hire that douchebag Lane Kiffin. They're letting him off too easy.

• Upvote 3

Man, you think people are tough on RV, you should go read the things USC alum have to say about Pat Haden. Mostly along the lines of, "single handedly destroying a century of tradition and winning."

I think very few people are tough on RV.

Very, very few.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

Tradition of what? Cheating like hell, getting caught, and then expecting a new coach to win like nothing happened just prior to his arrival? Didn't USC suffer some of the worst sanctions ever from the NCAA?

Edited by SilverEagle

Only 56 recruited scholarship players because of what happened before they even heard of him. I guess they figure that the kind of money they offer can buy a coach who can produce results no matter what circumstances they're in.

This USA-Today article outlines possible USC candidates. I hope Chris Petersen and Kevin Sumlin stay way, way away from USC.

Why? I would think that USC would be a high profile HC position and probably pays pretty darn well. It is a pretty storied program in spite of the issues Silver pointed out...heck, hard to pick out a biggie without some of those same issues or others similar. Sad statement, but pretty true within the ranks of the big boys.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Im looking for a new job, Im pretty good at fantasy football... Cant be much different. The TV loves me, the players love me, I should be hired.

I hear the best time to look for a new job is while youre still employeed, in which I am.

What do you think your salary should be? Do you come cheap or are skills like yours expensive?

naaa paul pasqualoni will get terminated waaaaay ahead of turner. If turner gets fired, then it will be after FIUs AD gets terminated, so it takes a bit longer to organize it (and also I am not sure FIU has the money to terminate turner)

And there it already happened... Pasqualoni is a gonner....still surprised they did this before the USF game though.

Edited by outoftown

naaa paul pasqualoni will get terminated waaaaay ahead of turner. If turner gets fired, then it will be after FIUs AD gets terminated, so it takes a bit longer to organize it (and also I am not sure FIU has the money to terminate turner)

And there it already happened... Pasqualoni is a gonner....still surprised they did this before the USF game though.

Boom indeed.

Paul Pasqualoni has been fired as #UConnFootball coach.

— Desmond Conner (@desmondconner)

September 30, 2013