10/31/13 will decide NT's conference fate

jdennis82

1. After 5 weeks, it feels like LaTech, Tulsa, and UTEP may be headed toward down years and are less likely threats to the CUSA West crown.

2. Of the remaining squads, Rice easily has the easiest conference slate as they share the benefit we do of missing both of the CUSA Elite (ECU/Marshall) but they also don't have Middle Tenn on the bill.

3. Additionally, Rice has a CB who has garnered some NFL draft interest. May be a chance for Brelan to show out for scouts.

We have to pull out all the stops for this game.

If the hinted at alternate uniforms can serve to help a road-weary NT team that will be coming off consecutive road games (at LaTech & at So.Miss) facing a short week, then I'm all for it.

If they can transform the tailgate scene into a "trick or treat" or carnival area with booths for kids to take part in Halloween festivities culminating in the "big candy payoff" handed out from Scrappy inside Apogee prior to the game, then do it and blitz the area schools with promos. I don't care if the stadium is full of kids in costumes, keep them away from the student section (to protect their ears from the vulgarity) and get buts in seats.

Obviously, all of this hinges on our men taking care of business, but they've earned my confidence that they will.

This Rice game is HUGE and I'm just glad we have the home field advantage!

Edited by jdennis82
  • Upvote 2

1. After 5 weeks, it feels like LaTech, Tulsa, and UTEP may be headed toward down years and are less likely threats to the CUSA West crown.

2. Of the remaining squads, Rice easily has the easiest conference slate as they share the benefit we do of missing both of the CUSA Elite (ECU/Marshall) but they also don't have Middle Tenn on the bill.

3. Additionally, Rice has a CB who has garnered some NFL draft interest. May be a chance for Brelan to show out for scouts.

If the hinted at alternate uniforms can serve to help a road-weary NT team that will be coming off consecutive road games (at LaTech & at So.Miss) facing a short week, then I'm all for it.

If they can transform the tailgate scene into a "trick or treat" or carnival area with booths for kids to take part in Halloween festivities culminating in the "big candy payoff" handed out from Scrappy inside Apogee prior to the game, then do it and blitz the area schools with promos. I don't care if the stadium is full of kids in costumes, keep them away from the student section (to protect their ears from the vulgarity) and get buts in seats.

Obviously, all of this hinges on our men taking care of business, but they've earned my confidence that they will.

Merely asking, but where have you heard that there is anything organized to turn tailgating into a trick or treat event? Not hearsay from an alum or off-hand comments by ticket staff but a genuine attempt to put the word out by out promotions department? I sincerely hope there is a real deal push to make this an event but, unless I just don't get the memos, it's not been put out there.

• Upvote 1

10/5/13 will determine the future of this program,. If we win, 10/12 will determine the fate of this program. If we win, then 10/19 will determine the fate of this program.

Don't set yourself up for a huge letdown. There is every possibility that we start conference 0-2, bad that would be disastrous for so many reasons.

Just freakin win in 6 days and worry about the rest when the time comes.

• Upvote 4

We have to pull out all the stops for this game. Getting kids in the stadium is a good idea,jdennis82, and Halloween night is a good place to start. TCU had a big section of kids at Amon Carter Saturday (They had name for them, but I forget it was). We need people in the stands now as well as future fans.

Good Lord! Who is going to be at this game besides me and a handful of friends? No students='s a TV ghostland or..................a full student section will become our version of the 12'th man.

No Band Day, no Scouts Day, no Military Day, No Denton Chamber of Commerce Day..............Heck! Doesn't our favorite college football team deserve better than this? If so, why isn't something more than lip service being done about it?

GMG!

PS: Dallas Cowboys: 8 & 8 this season if that

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Good Lord! Who is going to be at this game besides me and a handful of friends? No students='s a TV ghostland or..................a full student section will become our version of the 12'th man.

No Band Day, no Scouts Day, no Military Day, No Denton Chamber of Commerce Day..............Heck! Doesn't our favorite college football team deserve better than this? If so, why isn't something more than lip service being done about it?

GMG!

PS: Dallas Cowboys: 8 & 8 this season if that

And here we have the truly important question.

Yeah, a win over Rice won't mean jack if this team falls apart over the next 4 games. Oh, wait, it would be another moral victory, so if that still counts we'll be like 900-0 in moral victories. I still expect plans to be made, but I'm not ready to crown us conference championship contenders quite yet, just like I wasn't ready to scream my head off in jubilation when we tied Georgia in front of the UGA fans. The only part of mediocrity I cheer for is progress towards bypassing mediocrity. Thinking we might win all of these games isn't enough reason to cheer. Actually winning each one is.

Merely asking, but where have you heard that there is anything organized to turn tailgating into a trick or treat event? Not hearsay from an alum or off-hand comments by ticket staff but a genuine attempt to put the word out by out promotions department? I sincerely hope there is a real deal push to make this an event but, unless I just don't get the memos, it's not been put out there.

RV has said this at two or more speaking engagements. Not hearsay for me. I heard it with my ears. Edited by UNT 90 Grad