Site Predicting 10-2 Season For North Texas

MeanGreen61

You do know the difference between Boolean and Probability, right? The distribution is between 3.6 and 8.4 wins. They don't give us a curve so show probable distribution of points in between. Given the probability of winning each games, there is roughly a 17% chance of running the table.

I guess I should remember this since I took my statistics course twice because I loved it so much. Yeah, that's it, that is why I took it a second time. :)

• Upvote 5

You do know the difference between Boolean and Probability, right? The distribution is between 3.6 and 8.4 wins. They don't give us a curve so show probable distribution of points in between. Given the probability of winning each games, there is roughly a 17% chance of running the table.

Boolean?

is that codeine-laced cough syrup mixed with Boone's Farm?

• Upvote 3

I don't think they're saying that the distribution is between 3.6 and 8.4 wins, but rather that the mean prediction is 8.4 (wins) and 3.6 (losses).

• Upvote 1

I don't think they're saying that the distribution is between 3.6 and 8.4 wins, but rather that the mean prediction is 8.4 (wins) and 3.6 (losses).

Ah. OK. I see that. I was gonna try and set this up on excel, but it's been a while where n trials all have different probabilities. If anyone wants to take a crack, here ya go.

you need to wake up already. There is very little difference between Rice and UTSA...you can pretend like there is...but there isn't

Another site, Massey Composite, predicting a UTSA win over Rice.

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=6535&s=199231

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 1

This sight losses all credibility by predicting better odds of beating Rice at home than UTSA at home.

LOL!!!

Agree and................

..............that's it! We shut'er down for a year or 2 and then have our own start-up program with an NCAA FBS

National Championship as our start-up goal! Funny part of that is how we'd be too naive to know better than to shoot for less; instead of our (sometimes) jaded'ness of past not so successful seasons which has created a few attitudes from us all at one time or another.

GMG!

PS:

I'm beginning to (almost) see an advantage of all these shoot from the hip "riverboat gambler" attitudes from schools like UTSA and other past start-up programs we've seen have early success in past years.

One thing the UTSA Road-Runners will find they are for certain losing is............

.......................the element of surprise.

Any of you see Coach McCarney letting our team look past UTSA now? :bling:

PS II: I am glad UTSA is a member of CUSA and I think both of our schools have

a great chance of creating a great rivalry with lots of visiting fans from both schools

when we tee it up.

As a lover of Texas history, San Antonio is (obviously) one of my favorite places to visit (and a

city I can drive to as well since I do not fly).

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Taking UTSA lightly is a recipe for disaster. Larry Coker is one controversial call away (in double overtime) from having back to back national championships at Miami. Don't underestimate them or their coach.

We are lucky to have Middle Tenn, Rice, and UTSA all at home as it should give us an advantage. Our last 3 home games against Rice, UTEP, and UTSA could be really big for attendance. No rain please!

Edited by casual fan
  • Upvote 2

Taking UTSA lightly is a recipe for disaster. Larry Coker is one controversial call away (in double overtime) from having back to back national championships at Miami. Don't underestimate them or their coach. No rain please!

Miami? Really? Thats gonna carry over to UTSA? Come on. That's like wanting Florida results from Mac. Totally different situations. Shouldnt underestimate anyone, but that reason is just...nevermind.

Miami? Really? Thats gonna carry over to UTSA? Come on. That's like wanting Florida results from Mac. Totally different situations. Shouldnt underestimate anyone, but that reason is just...nevermind.

Really!! Don't count guy who knows how to coach out. Is UTSA Miami no but knowing how to win is knowing how to win. Is smut, Kansas no but I bet Larry Brown wins some games. Coker is building a program from scratch and doing a pretty good job very quickly, should we win in November yes but if we look past them to Tulsa we could be in for a big upset.

Really!! Don't count guy who knows how to coach out. Is UTSA Miami no but knowing how to win is knowing how to win. Is smut, Kansas no but I bet Larry Brown wins some games. Coker is building a program from scratch and doing a pretty good job very quickly, should we win in November yes but if we look past them to Tulsa we could be in for a big upset.

Coker took over a program in Miami that was on the top and ran it into the ground, a fact that some seem to forget.

That said, he seems to be doing a decent job at UTSA (saying that is like pulling my teeth out).

If (and that's a big if) we were to win out there is at least a 50% chance we would host the CUSA title game. I'm not sure how the host is decided if both the east and west winners go undefeated in conference. There have been a lot of hypotheticals out there recently. If we were to host the CUSA title game would it sell out? I would say yes if it were promoted right. That's a long way down the road but it would be pretty neat.

Coker took over a program in Miami that was on the top and ran it into the ground, a fact that some seem to forget.

That said, he seems to be doing a decent job at UTSA (saying that is like pulling my teeth out).

Because we all know how easy it is for an assistant to take a head coaching job on a talent laden team and win championships...

If (and that's a big if) we were to win out there is at least a 50% chance we would host the CUSA title game. I'm not sure how the host is decided if both the east and west winners go undefeated in conference. There have been a lot of hypotheticals out there recently. If we were to host the CUSA title game would it sell out? I would say yes if it were promoted right. That's a long way down the road but it would be pretty neat.

And here's where the Titanic hits the iceberg.