Transfers on the roster to date

JesseMartin

So I was doing a mental tally and if I'm remembering correctly, we now have transfers from the following schools:

Purdue

Oklahoma

Texas

Air Force

Oregon

Kansas

Is that right? Am I missing any, or did I include somebody who isn't officially on the roster, etc?

I think our transfers from the "Power programs" can be great ambassadors for both the program and the University. I can only assume that Marcus Trice has been using some of that to help in recruiting...you know, like:

"UNT makes you more than just a football player that gets to go to school. They care about you enough to prepare you for a career and a future if you don't go pro, which most players don't. You get to have a big impact on a great program with a great history that is returning to relevance. Some schools will help you squeeze through school just so you can play, but UNT lets you play hard while earning your degree and every grade along the way. Your pride, satisfaction, and sense of self-worth and achievement will all grow as you see the value of earning what you get, playing by the rules, and becoming a positive force in your community and the world around you."

Or something like that. I hope ;)

Too bad there isn't a list of the players that gives this type of information...

I was just rattling off what I could remember without checking. The real point is what I said beyond the list, not just the fact that we have these guys, but the recruitment and ambassadorship that can come with the appropriate approach. The fact that these guys are all coming here and believe in the way we do things speaks volumes, and will yield even more positive results if communicated properly to recruits.

Not that you'll read this, because being a "football newbie" negates everything I know about training, conditioning, and all of the sports that aren't cool enough to warrant your attention, because "sports IQ" is based on a lifetime following popular sports and anyone who doesn't fit your criteria or specific area of knowledge is therefore irrelevant and stupid. We all bow before your snide remarks.