Tulane is up next...

North Texas Shep

We should have a good game coming up on October 5th. Tulane and young Montana should come out ready to play. We are not the best on the road, but we can pull this one out. There is no need to look ahead of them, because every team has a new set of challenges our team must be ready for. Looking past teams is a great way to ruin a season. Bring it Tulane! GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 2

The Mean Green's next step is a solid road win. I see us coming out fired up and kicking some butt especially after a week to hunger for some hits. Mean Green Nation needs to bring it in the dome - get as loud as we can in their house.

Mean Green ready to get that W on the road!

GMG!!!!!

• Upvote 2

Put this is four inch headlines:

NORTH TEXAS WILL COME INTO THE MUTS GAME 3-2

I don't get all hopped up over "moral victories" so I'm not just judging our Georgia performance (though I wouldn't call the heart we showed in Athens a moral victory). I am seeing a legitimate CULTURE CHANGE in our football team.

Every year we hear the "we think we are improved" or "we're ready" talk from players. This year we are seeing this team live the no quit mantra. I was fairly impressed after Ohio, firmly in the camp after Ball State and officially at the head of the parade after Georgia. When I watched that Georgia game with Diet Coke Boy we made a point to ask "would that play have gone like that against anyone but Georgia?" Would anyone else have got the pressure up the middle that caused Derek to miss Brelan at the two yard line or to hurry his throws to the tight ends? Would any other team left on our schedule have shut down the run game like UGA did (by the way, we passed the ball plenty...so save that complaint). Our play calling was more than diverse enough to beat anyone else on our schedule...and if we had the quality depth of a Georgia it might have put us in position to beat them.

Am I calling for 10-2? No. We still, clearly, have work to do. But I am saying that, barring injury, 8 wins is a reasonable goal. And one of those wins will he against Tulane in two weeks.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 5

Gagree with the stance on culture change. When this team fought back against Ball State, delivered hit after hit, beat Cardinal players down, and won, you could see the change. I don't like moral victories, and I wanted a win yesterday, but I am not ashamed in that loss yesterday. We were tied with Georgia late in the 3rd. This wasn't a AQ team like Kansas State, who may have a great year every now and then. This was a SEC powerhouse. WE went toe to to with them. As great as Gurley may be, I think you could see it in his eyes, he was feeling the hits from the Mean Green D. The offese may have sputtered at times, but we still found ways to put points on the board when special teams came through. The defense stood up and smacked some sumbiches in the mouth. In the end, it came down to size, speed, and depth. But even in those areas, the gap is not as wide as it used to be.

The culture IS changing.

Will we see a stretch of QB's like Tettelton, Wenning, and Murray the rest of the season?

You could tell some of the windows that Murray threw into, that he's used to a faster speed of game and tighter spaces in general in the SEC. The TD in the corner on Whitfield which was tipped and the TD throw the to TE that went through Akunne's hands were extremely impressive and I don't think we will see anything like that again.