Much Repsect

Gurleyman

I don't see what the big deal is about Gurley. He's big and strong but didn't seem to be anything special.

When he scored that TD after being hit by Zach on the 3 yd line and knocking him back into the end zone was all I needed to see to recognize real.

Gurley is special. Georgia is a good team. Hopefully they win the SEC and get their BCS championship... that would just continue UNT's luck of scheduling BCS champions for our paycheck games.

• Upvote 2

There is nothing to complain about here. We wanted a top notch challenge and we got it... full bore.

This game was THE measuring stick for our team and this coaching staff to date. That,...and a paycheck of course,..and nothing more.

So,.. if you had questions regarding the character of the Mean Green,.. and the Mean Green defense especially,.. NOW YOU KNOW.

They don't quit,.. they dont back down and and they don't stop fight'n you no matter how big or fast or how highly recruited you are.

That's what we learned about this team today.... Now bring on Tulane.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2

I was at the game today, and am a UGA grad. The Mean Green is a solid, well-coached team. They played right at Georgia's level until late in the game. Excellent defense and kicking game. UGA scored about the number of points I thought they would, but N. Texas scored quality points (not late 4th qtr "garbage" points) against Georgia's first team.

Good luck in winning your conference this year. I'd like to see that happen.

• Upvote 7

Congrats to UGA. Hopefully, they continue the tradition of SEC teams that have managed to get past UNT with national level success.

UGA fans, if you are here to give us back handed compliments, please keep them to yourself, we don't need them. Trust me, the UNT players believed they could win today and are disappointed in the outcome.

Once again, congrats to UGA in a hard fought win.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1