How Money Walks

LongJim

This really has nothing--yet something--to do with UNT athletics, so I am posting it here. If mods want to move it, please do.

It is an interactive map showing how money moves from one place to another. Check out Texas, and particularly--check out Denton and Collin counties. It shows that the area in which UNT operates is exploding. It is a graphic illustration of potential audience and $.

http://www.howmoneywalks.com/web-app/

That map has problems... there is no way in Hell that Midland county has lost ..... oil industry is booming.. and building everywhere. ..jobs are so many available that they can't get employees for the lack of housing.

That map has problems... there is no way in Hell that Midland county has lost ..... oil industry is booming.. and building everywhere. ..jobs are so many available that they can't get employees for the lack of housing.

Yeah, but where are they SPENDING that money. It appears that people living in Midland county are SPENDING more money in other counties. I believe that's what this is about.

That is only up to 2010 the boom has been mostly past that point. I am sure there is a large reverse the last three years.

Regarding the oil boom, how many of the people working in the oil fields actually live in that area? If you have people staying to work during the week and then going back home somewhere else then the money really isn't staying local, is it?

Regarding the oil boom, how many of the people working in the oil fields actually live in that area? If you have people staying to work during the week and then going back home somewhere else then the money really isn't staying local, is it?

I guarantee you, a bunch of it is staying in those hotels and motels. Anymore, I make sure to time my drive so I don't have to spend the night anywhere between Fort Worth and El Paso. There is no way I'm paying those modern-day West Texas rates.