THE BREAK DOWN (Georgia vs North Texas)

Mean_Green09

This is a great, well-thought breakdown. I'm going to this game because it's so tough and expensive to get tickets when UGA is playing an SEC school.

Mark Richt's team's do not try to run up the score, so if they do have good lead, they will begin to pull the starters. Not saying that the Mean Green can't score on the first team. Buffalo played UGA really tough last year. But if UGA's defense can keep the Mean Green from putting up a lot of points by halftime, Richt will pull the starters and the 2nd half will be a grind-it-out kind of game when UGA has the ball, and Murray and Gurley will be gone.

Edited by Nice Dawg
  • Upvote 1

Great breakdown...

You mention the team falling behind early and that's my primary concern as well.

We've seen too many examples of the team exiting the locker room for the first half not fully engaged resulting in big plays early. This CAN'T happen if we're to keep it close. Yes, the team's as resilient as ever, but that atmosphere (especially off a UGA bye week) will be suffocating if fans are given extra reason to explode.

It seems that the early mistakes aren't physical but mental/scheme related.

Because tackling has been so crisp and the offense has been so effective at avoid turnovers, if we can shore up these early mental errors, I think we can hang in early and long enough represent well and ultimately exit the game with even more confidence in where this thing is headed.