Bulldogs look to tighten up loose ends vs. N.Texas

Harry

ATHENS – Georgia players and coaches, refreshed and recharged from a bye week, met with media on Tuesday to discuss this Saturday’s game against North Texas (WPCH, 12:21 p.m.). As would be expected, the Bulldogs were preaching being focused on the Mean Green (2-1) and not peeking ahead to next week, when No. 6 LSU comes to town.

The good news is Georgia got to see Akron push Michigan to the brink this past weekend. The Wolverines had to make a goal-line stop to preserve a 28-24 victory. Meawhile, North Texas put a scare in Ohio two weeks ago before falling 27-21.

“I see a team that’s very well coached,” coach Mark Richt said of the Mean Green, coached by Dan McCarney, Urban Meyer’s assistant head coach while at Florida. “I see a team that believes and a team that’s not going to be in awe in any way shape or form.”

HEAD COACH MARK RICHT

On North Texas . . .

“I’m very impressed with what I see on film. Coach McCarney has done a great job with his team. One of the things that sticks out to me is the number of junior and seniors that they have playing and starting for them. There are nine juniors and seniors on offense and 10 out of 11 defenders are either juniors or senior – mostly seniors. So they are a very veteran team.

“I see a team that is very well-coached. I know Coach McCarney has had the opportunity to coach on a national championship team with Coach Meyer at Florida. He’s been a head coach for many years and has had a lot of success. I think they are believing and playing hard and they’ll be ready for a big game on Saturday.”

Read more: http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/uga-sports/2013/sep/17/bulldogs-look-tighten-loose-ends-vs-ntexas/