A rough road...2-12 ...you might find it interesting

casual fan

All the talk about the 12 road losses the past 2 plus years got me to thinking. (Something I try to avoid)

So I looked up records for those 12 teams. I thought you might find it interesting.

* 8-5 FIU

*12-1 Alabama

* 8-5 Tulsa

* 9-4 ULL

*10-3 Ark St

*All were bowl teams.

*10-3 LSU

*12-2 K St

5-7 Houston

7-4 Middle Tenn

*8-5 ULM

*7-6 WK

*Bowl teams

2-1 Ohio......... which should go to a bowl

• Upvote 3

I thought somebody brought this up last year as well. The fact remains that a lot of those bowl teams also beat each other...so though they weren't losses to "cupcakes" we need to be the ones winning these and going to bowls. I know I'm stating the obvious but these teams that beat us were able to go on the road and win a couple against moderate competition and other bowl teams. I think we need to win 2 road games this year if we're going to be anywhere near where we want to be, because after Georgia it looks like our toughest remaining game will be at home against Rice. 6-6 and even 7-5 teams aren't always bowl eligible so after we #hit6 we need to shoot for two more, if possible.

I thought somebody brought this up last year as well. The fact remains that a lot of those bowl teams also beat each other...so though they weren't losses to "cupcakes" we need to be the ones winning these and going to bowls. I know I'm stating the obvious but these teams that beat us were able to go on the road and win a couple against moderate competition and other bowl teams. I think we need to win 2 road games this year if we're going to be anywhere near where we want to be, because after Georgia it looks like our toughest remaining game will be at home against Rice. 6-6 and even 7-5 teams aren't always bowl eligible so after we #hit6 we need to shoot for two more, if possible.

I agree. I think if we take care of business, we could finish 8-4. Wins against Tulane, MTSU, LaTech, UTEP, UTSA, and S. Miss. Losses against Georgia, Rice, and Tulsa (might I add that Tulsa has not impressed me at all so far this year). 8-4 is VERY possible, we just need to stay consistent and healthy.

Definitely. And as often as we go through the moans of, "Oh, why couldn't we have played that team in their down years instead of always when they're good?"...we don't have that excuse this year. Teams that have beaten us handily in the past seem to all be having "down" years this year, and we need to capitalize on that. This is the year to make it happen. Tulsa may not be around for long, but you can't expect Southern Miss and La Tech to stay as bad as they seem this season. Just another reason this year is HUGE.