Zach Orr Chasing Craig Robertson

NT's All-Time I-A/FBS Leaders in Tackles:

1. Craig Robertson: 381
2. Brad Kassel: 365

3. Burks Washington: 351

With 32 tackles on the season so far, Orr sits at 276 tackles for his career.

He need about 12 per game to catch Robertson in the regular season; 10.5 with regular season + bowl game; 9.6 if we go regular season + C-USA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME + bowl game.

• Upvote 2

With 42 tackles on the season so far, Orr sits at 286 tackles for his career.

He need about 12 per game to catch Robertson in the regular season; 10.6 with regular season + bowl game; 9.5 if we go regular season + C-USA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME + bowl game.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

With 50 tackles on the season so far, Orr sits at 294 tackles for his career; six away from the 300 tackle mark! He'll surely get there this weekend.

He need about 12.5 per game to catch Robertson in the regular season; 10.9 with regular season + bowl game; 9.7 regular season + C-USA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME + bowl game.

• Upvote 1

With 55 tackles on the season so far, Orr sits at 299 tackles for his career. Thought he'd get to 300 last weekend. Surely, this weekend.

He need about 13.7 per game to catch Robertson in the regular season; 11.7 with regular season + bowl game; 10.3 regular season + C-USA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME + bowl game.

With 72 tackles on the season so far, Orr sits at 316 tackles for his career.

He needs 13.1 per game to catch Robertson in the regular season; 10.9 with regular season + bowl game; 9.3 regular season + C-USA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME + bowl game.

With 74 tackles on the season so far, Orr sits at 318 tackles for his career.

He needs 15.8 per game to catch Robertson in the regular season; 12.7 with regular season + bowl game; 10.6 regular season + C-USA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME + bowl game.

With 83 tackles on the season so far, Orr sits at 327 tackles for his career.

He needs 18.3 per game to catch Robertson in the regular season; 13.6 with regular season + bowl game; 10.9 regular season + C-USA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME + bowl game.

To pass Burk Washington: 25,just over 8 per game in the regular season.

To pass Brad Kassell: 39, 13 per game in the regular season.

The climb to Craig Robertson looks distant now. Washington, he can catch. Kassell, maybe with the bowl game, and probably if bowl game and championship game.

No matter how you slice it, though, Orr is in fantastic, NFL-level company. We've spoken of Brelan Chancellor possibly getting drafted. I think if Orr has an outside chance at being a late second day pick. If not, he'll get a free agent contract, for sure.

These guys are fantastic for many reasons. The thing I admire about them the most is that they didn't quit when times were tough here. The coach that brough them on board was fired. They endured losing seasons, injury, and doubt. But, they never quit.

Orr, Chancellor, and Thompson. These are excellent leaders. All unselfish. It's no surprise that this team has become as tough and gritty as they are. The seniors have endured many tough times and stuck to it. Purely from a character standpoint, these are some of the best ever to wear the Mean Green!

• 2 weeks later...

With 95 tackles on the season so far, Orr sits at 339 tackles for his career.

He needs 21.0 per game to catch Robertson in the regular season; 14.0 with regular season + bowl game; 10.5 regular season + C-USA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME + bowl game.

To pass Burk Washington: 13,

To pass Brad Kassell: 27

It is now highly likely that Orr passes Washington during the regular season. With the bowl, and championship game, he will certainly pass Kassell. He'll need to get over 10 a game for the rest of the season, plus the championship and bowl game, to get past Robertson.

• 2 weeks later...

3. Zach Orr: 357

4. Burks Washington: 351

During the first quarter of the Tulsa game, on a 2nd and 2 from the North Texas 40, Zach Orr and Marcus Trice tackled receiver Keevan Lucas after a 31 yard gain. The tackle was the 352nd of Orr's career, moving him into the top three all-time tackle list for North Texas D-I/FBS defenders.

With 113 tackles on the season so far, Orr sits at 357 tackles for his career.

To pass Brad Kassell: 9

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

2. Zach Orr: 366
3. Brad Kassell: 365

4. Burks Washington: 351

During the first quarter of the Tulsa game, on a 2nd and 2 from the North Texas 40, Zach Orr and Marcus Trice tackled receiver Keevan Lucas after a 31 yard gain. The tackle was the 352nd of Orr's career, moving him into the top three all-time tackle list for North Texas D-I/FBS defenders.

-During the Heart of Dallas Bowl, Zach Orr racked up nine tackles. By my tally, that put him at 366 for his career. However, read in Vito's column that he only tied Kassell for second. Too tired to re-add now. Tomorrow, will go back through all box scores from game one to bowl game to recount.

Either way, though, we've seen one of the best defenders to don the Mean Green! Thank you, Zach!

• Upvote 1