Hello Mean Green from Dawg Nation

Gurleyman

Just wanted to stop by and say hello and look forward to playing the Mean Green on Saturday.

Looks like you have a senior QB that can run and throw. We've seen this for the 3rd straight game this year. The first 2 qb's, rolled up the yardage on us. We have a young defense and I think this game is close in the first half.

What's the Mean Greens take?

Oh yeah, Go Dawgs!!! Sic'em!!!

• Upvote 5

Just wanted to stop by and say hello and look forward to playing the Mean Green on Saturday.

Looks like you have a senior QB that can run and throw. We've seen this for the 3rd straight game this year. The first 2 qb's, rolled up the yardage on us. We have a young defense and I think this game is close in the first half.

Thompson had a few runs but is mostly a pocket QB. He has a gun for an arm but accuracy at times tends to be a little scattershot. I think we'll do alright. We play a pro style and have been down in all of our games to start so the coach wouldn't be too bright to yank everyone quickly. That being said, we will lose.

Uh, yeah... :ermm::unsure: ... our QB is the very definition of 'dual-threat QB'. Hope your guys are preparing for his wheels. Just focus on that, and not WR #3.

• Upvote 6

Brelan is a WR and our biggest weapon. A threat to score every time he touches the ball. In fact, I think I read somewhere that we have a much better record when he gets at least 8 - 10 touches? Someone here can probably remember better than I.

Other WRs are stepping up to make plays, but don't strike me as a scoring threat on every touch. But they are solid, and it's almost unfair to expect every one to play like Brelan.

We are deepdeepdeep at RB, but the running game has not been blowing people off the ball in the 1st half like we would hope.

If any team is gonna sack our QB, I'd guess it would be Georgia. We have a solid, experienced line that protects him admirably.

I'm particularly excited to see how the next two teams game plan us. Last week's film reveals multiple receivers making plays, running backs hitting holes (2nd half), TEs being utilized and a QB that can run. It's plays all over the field unlike anything we saw (for the most part) in 2012. I like to think things will open up from here on out, but I know Georgia will prove tough to get anything going.

I wish I knew more about the status of JimJim. We'll be fine without him, but I don't like the idea of him sitting out too long.

Didn't mean to offend, I saw he had 72 yards rushing and 282 throwing, I thought he was a dual threat.

So what about your skill positions? Any good WR's or RB's to look for Saturday?

Lol. No offense. Box scores can sometimes be deceiving. I was commenting that if your dawgs are preparing for a QB running the read-option or something, they would be wasting their time... which would be good for UNT!

On that note... Pay no mind to WR #3. He's a decent punt returner, sure. But at WR, if he catches a ball, all your guys have to do is come up and hit him (don't even bother wrapping up) and he'll go down easy. :whistling1: The guy you need to worry about is WR #11 Darius Terrell, who transferred to us from Texas. He was a Parade HS All-American! That's who you should worry about.

Didn't mean to offend, I saw he had 72 yards rushing and 282 throwing, I thought he was a dual threat.

So what about your skill positions? Any good WR's or RB's to look for Saturday?

you didn't offend...it's just that we've never heard that term used to describe out current quarterback...

safeties will hit and hit hard...corners will run with receivers, but forget to turnaround...

Any suggestions as far as parking goes ?

Downtown usually has plenty of parking spaces for around $5-$10, depending on which lot you go to. About a 1 mile walk down to the Stadium.

WR #11 Darius Terrell

Interesting, wonder why he transferred from Texas? I imagine he's glad he did, right about now :nuke:

corners will run with receivers, but forget to turnaround...

They better learn to, Murray is EXCELLENT at the back shoulder throw.

• Upvote 1

Hello Mean Green fans. Dawgs fan here. I come in peace. A really nice Mean Green fan came by our board (Dawg Post) and gave this link. I hope neither team has any injuries. And I hope yall enjoy your time in Athens except for the game. I hope you win out your season After us of course !

We have a very young but talented Defense. 7 true freshmen on that side of the ball, with subs coming in to spell guys, we have played up to 10 true freshmen in our last to games. They play very hard, but they just lack Experience. They are learning on the fly. We had a bye week before yall so I hope to see some improvement in them. Our secondary is our weakest link or has been so far. And we could do better in pass rush up front. Decent but not good in that department. Our linebackers are our strength on D. They are fast, strong, and have good instincts.

Not be arrogant or smart butt. But our Offense is full of weapons. Some that we just discovered. The main strength there is Todd Gurley. I am a long, long, long time Dawgs fan, and he's one of the best RB's I've seen at UGA. IF he continues on the track he's on, his name will be right there beside Herschel Walkers. He missed a pretty good chunk of the Clemson game with a hip flexor, then came back in. He racked up 154 yds. on them while in deep pain. He rushed for 139 verses SC the next week still in pain. He's a warrior. His teammate to spell him RB Keith Marshall is far from being a slouch himself ! Aaron Murray is a veteran QB with a bevy of good weapons to throw to. I figure yall are gonna put up allot of points on our D, especially early on. The question is can your D stop our Offense enough to out score us ? Turn overs are the key for yall. If yall can get some turn overs along with your solid defense. Who knows ??

For us we need our Defense to make a much better showing and stop yall so that the game is not close. As a Dawgs fan I trust our Offense. What I would like to see (and I think I speak for allot of Dawgs fans) is ALLOT of improvement from our Secondary and Some improvement from our Defensive front. I feel our linebackers are doing a pretty good job.

• Upvote 3

Hello Mean Green fans. Dawgs fan here. I come in peace. A really nice Mean Green fan came by our board (Dawg Post) and gave this link. I hope neither team has any injuries. And I hope yall enjoy your time in Athens except for the game. I hope you win out your season After us of course !

We have a very young but talented Defense. 7 true freshmen on that side of the ball, with subs coming in to spell guys, we have played up to 10 true freshmen in our last to games. They play very hard, but they just lack Experience. They are learning on the fly. We had a bye week before yall so I hope to see some improvement in them. Our secondary is our weakest link or has been so far. And we could do better in pass rush up front. Decent but not good in that department. Our linebackers are our strength on D. They are fast, strong, and have good instincts.

Not be arrogant or smart butt. But our Offense is full of weapons. Some that we just discovered. The main strength there is Todd Gurley. I am a long, long, long time Dawgs fan, and he's one of the best RB's I've seen at UGA. IF he continues on the track he's on, his name will be right there beside Herschel Walkers. He missed a pretty good chunk of the Clemson game with a hip flexor, then came back in. He racked up 154 yds. on them while in deep pain. He rushed for 139 verses SC the next week still in pain. He's a warrior. His teammate to spell him RB Keith Marshall is far from being a slouch himself ! Aaron Murray is a veteran QB with a bevy of good weapons to throw to. I figure yall are gonna put up allot of points on our D, especially early on. The question is can your D stop our Offense enough to out score us ? Turn overs are the key for yall. If yall can get some turn overs along with your solid defense. Who knows ??

For us we need our Defense to make a much better showing and stop yall so that the game is not close. As a Dawgs fan I trust our Offense. What I would like to see (and I think I speak for allot of Dawgs fans) is ALLOT of improvement from our Secondary and Some improvement from our Defensive front. I feel our linebackers are doing a pretty good job.

Hmmm.

Thank you for this analysis Rly. It sounds like the weakness of your defense plays right into the strength of our offense: Brelan Chancellor.

I think you'll be surprised at our defense. Did you know we lead the nation in takeaways? Still, Gurley looks good and will certainly get his as we've given up some big running plays this year with missed assignments/poor tackling.

Just wanted to stop by and say hello and look forward to playing the Mean Green on Saturday...

Hello Mean Green fans. Dawgs fan here. I come in peace. A really nice Mean Green fan came by our board (Dawg Post) and gave this link....

ok...which one of you two is this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2j0FsDkUqg

• Upvote 2

Hmmm.

Thank you for this analysis Rly. It sounds like the weakness of your defense plays right into the strength of our offense: Brelan Chancellor.

I think you'll be surprised at our defense. Did you know we lead the nation in takeaways? Still, Gurley looks good and will certainly get his as we've given up some big running plays this year with missed assignments/poor tackling.

Yeah our secondary is worrisome. I see a ton of Potential in these guys. Meaning they will get better after each game they play. Problem is we dont need to be giving up a bunch of pts. for them to learn. Our Defensive front has been uhmm pretty decent but nothing to chalk up the word amazing over.Thye can do better and NEED to do better.

Our linebackers are pretty darn good ! And will only get better. And like I say I dont mean to spout off like a arrogant homer, but yall will have a load with our Offense ! If our Offense can get us through the early part of this season, and give our young but talented D some time to gain experience the Dawgs will be in conversation with the best of them. But if we lose due to our Defense early on then our hopes for this season will crash and burn. Our secondary is speedy and athletic, they just get caught our of position allot of times due to just plain ole lack of college level experience. You can practice all you want, but it's not like playing a real game. The good thing for Both teams is this is not a confefence game, so if we lost it would hurt big time but still not conference game, same for yall. Should be a good one ! P.S. Oh and you were talking about Gurley getting his, well stopping the run hasnt been so hot for us either. Our Defensive front allows rival RB's to get into the backfield deep allot of times, Our linebackers have such good speed it helps to resolve some of the hurt, but them big boys up front need to start slowing rival RB;s down better. Sounds like we have similar situations there.

Edited by rly harl

Mark Richt.......is that you?

Edited by Daddy Dumpsalot
  • Upvote 1

Hey man good information thanks for posting this. I like Murray a lot, he's just a great football player. I will say this, we have played some high level talent teams like Georgia recently (LSU and K-State) and while we didn't win the game we had our moments and our players tend to rise to the level of play. The difference is the speed. I am not as worried about Gurley as I am your receivers, because we are pretty good against the run. Not saying Gurley won't have a big run or two but we are pretty solid fundamentally -- the key to me will be limiting big passing plays and special teams. We took a lead against K-State on the road last year only to give it up on a kick off return and with your speed and talent I have nightmares about that happening again.

Yeah our secondary is worrisome. I see a ton of Potential in these guys. Meaning they will get better after each game they play. Problem is we dont need to be giving up a bunch of pts. for them to learn. Our Defensive front has been uhmm pretty decent but nothing to chalk up the word amazing over.Thye can do better and NEED to do better.

Our linebackers are pretty darn good ! And will only get better. And like I say I dont mean to spout off like a arrogant homer, but yall will have a load with our Offense ! If our Offense can get us through the early part of this season, and give our young but talented D some time to gain experience the Dawgs will be in conversation with the best of them. But if we lose due to our Defense early on then our hopes for this season will crash and burn. Our secondary is speedy and athletic, they just get caught our of position allot of times due to just plain ole lack of college level experience. You can practice all you want, but it's not like playing a real game. The good thing for Both teams is this is not a confefence game, so if we lost it would hurt big time but still not conference game, same for yall. Should be a good one !

I think I speak for most mean green fans when I say, that even though we are high on this years team, we don't expect them to win at georgia. The recruiting capacities are just too different.

But we do expect a good showing, maybe even for things to still be close after the 3rd. If NTplays with the grit they played all games this season (any maybe for once tack on a decent start) for 60 minutes, then good things will happen, and our atheltic department will have some very nice footage for the highlight reel.

But me, most importantly I want to see everyone come home healthy, so we can start the conference play successfully.

• Upvote 1

Hey man good information thanks for posting this. I like Murray a lot, he's just a great football player. I will say this, we have played some high level talent teams like Georgia recently (LSU and K-State) and while we didn't win the game we had our moments and our players tend to rise to the level of play. The difference is the speed. I am not as worried about Gurley as I am your receivers, because we are pretty good against the run. Not saying Gurley won't have a big run or two but we are pretty solid fundamentally -- the key to me will be limiting big passing plays and special teams. We took a lead against K-State on the road last year only to give it up on a kick off return and with your speed and talent I have nightmares about that happening again.

Was about to leave. You dont have much to worry about on our Kick returns or Punt returns, we Stink on both at least so far. We cover both pretty good when the rival is getting the ball. But I havent seen a decent return from us on either in a while.

On Gurley. Setting aside he's a Dawg. He is really a phenomenal RB. He will get hit for losses. Or stopped at the line of scrimmage. But he just keeps coming and coming. When he get's stopped he usually follows with a great run.

What I really love about this kid is his demeanor. He doesnt talk smack. He is VERY quiet on and off field. When interviewed he gives his teammates all the credit. He doesnt like interviews as he's Extremely shy.

And he doesnt get demoralized easy. He and his roommate fellow RB Keith Marshall are two fine young men. Both do very well in the class room as well.

I am a Christian and so proud of them, they were both baptized last year at the same ceremony.Football is a very passionate GAME, it's not life. I Love to see young men from Any team conduct themselves as good men away from the field as much as on it.

We have another weapon that Georgia felt like could help us in pre-season practice but was untested. Quayvon Hicks the FB. This guy is a Beast. And yet another weapon to be accounted for. He blocks very efficiently. And is a Load to tackle.

I think this game will be a battle of Offenses. From reading yall's posts it sounds like our Defenses are similar. Sounds like both our secondaries are suspect. Is that a true comparison ?? Sounds like yall have a really good QB, behind a very solid O line, with good RB's and several of them. I have a feeling our Young Defense will have their hands full !! And if we go turning the ball over to yall or penalize ourselves to death could be Serious trouble for us ! I think it will be a good game !

• Upvote 2

Now I'm gone. I must say this is one of the most pleasant rival boards I've ever visited !! Some of my fellow Dawgs (not nearly all now) make me so mad at how they treat civil acting rival fans that drop by our board. I could see being hateful if the rival comes in being rude. But when people are being civil it's un-called for to be rude. Not nearly All Dawgs are that way. You'll find allot of nice one's. But we have our butts to ! Any way looking forward to seeing this game. I am disabled and at home, just hoping they dont black it out on TV. Supposed to be on the SEC network here. For those of you traveling I hope you have a safe and great trip. And a great season, except verses us. Take care and God Bless !!