The Next Step

GrayEagle

This year's team has made some great strides over last year's. They are over .500 after three games for the first time since their return to Division 1A/FBS. They can do no worse than .500 in out-of-conference games. They have proven that they can win at home. They may have proven that they belong in the middle-of-the-pack (which beats the hell out of the bottom!). The next step to take is...win on the road.

After Top 10 Georgia, we have three winnable road games and we need to win them all. I didn't look it up but I don't recall our winning more than one away game in any year since the early 2000 bowl years. It's always more difficult to win at someone else's house so this will require extra effort. I'm getting excited about this team but won't be totally sold until we pass the road test.

The best thing about our team... is that none of our opponents will really know what the hell to expect. We are incredibly unpredictable. I think we've been holding out. We play really crappy the first half and then just come back and dominate. Mac knows what he's doing. Mind tricks.... The ultimate wild card.

• Upvote 1

The best thing about our team... is that none of our opponents will really know what the hell to expect. We are incredibly unpredictable. I think we've been holding out. We play really crappy the first half and then just come back and dominate. Mac knows what he's doing. Mind tricks.... The ultimate wild card.

Yeah. What would be awesome though would be the mind tricks to work a little more effectively in the first half, then into the locker room, make adjustments, and still be a completely different, dominant team through the end of the game.

• Upvote 1

This year's team has made some great strides over last year's. They are over .500 after three games for the first time since their return to Division 1A/FBS. They can do no worse than .500 in out-of-conference games. They have proven that they can win at home. They may have proven that they belong in the middle-of-the-pack (which beats the hell out of the bottom!). The next step to take is...win on the road.

After Top 10 Georgia, we have three winnable road games and we need to win them all. I didn't look it up but I don't recall our winning more than one away game in any year since the early 2000 bowl years. It's always more difficult to win at someone else's house so this will require extra effort. I'm getting excited about this team but won't be totally sold until we pass the road test.

Won at FAU and WKU in the Dodge/Canales year.

• Upvote 1

Yeah. What would be awesome though would be the mind tricks to work a little more effectively in the first half, then into the locker room, make adjustments, and still be a completely different, dominant team through the end of the game.

He's still warming up.

I think.

Edited by SSP
  • Upvote 1

I want to see Mac do Jedi mind tricks.