Dunbar in

KingDL1

Don't bring the Stars in to this. BTW the stars are building a dynasty now and they will start by making their first post season appearance in 6 years, a record worst by the way.

The Dallas douche scene extends into the Stars' fanbase. Once they are winning again, all of a sudden there will be legions of "lifelong" Stars fans. Thankfully, I'll just take my seats in 315 where I can see the whole rink. The douchers will hog all the lower bowl seats to be seen.

Maybe I needed to make myself more clear. F the cowboys now, and last season, and the next season and and any season they play.

The reason is not the team itself, what I hate is the fans. Dallas has got to be the most two faced , bandwagoning town I have ever lived in. Oh the Stars are winning? Look!Look! I'm a Stars fan! The Rangers are winning!?? let me go buy a Rangers shirt! Same with the Mavs etc. There is an air of sports desperation in Dallas, they will cling onto anything that wins.

So then what will your reaction be if all the sudden UNT starts winning and we have 25k at every game? Look at me, I'm a UNT football fan.

You know the hardest part of living in Dallas/ft worth? All the transplants and people that live here and hate the local franchises...

All cities support the winning franchises... Spare me.

It was just to illustrate a point. You know if they start to win DFW bandwagoners will flock to them. My statement still stands that DFW is a fickle sports starved town. I remember the lines at Dick's Sporting goods to get Rangers shirts when they went to the World Series.

The Stars still have fans, where is there not bandwagoners? I think you are giving DFW a bad wrap, if anything DFW is a collection of people transplanted here from other regions because we are a top ten growing area (population) and they come here with their own teams allegiances and may get excited when the home teams do well. They then start to convert.

I wish we had some bandwagoners at UNT in fact I think that is where fans come from many times.

Maybe I needed to make myself more clear. F the cowboys now, and last season, and the next season and and any season they play.

The reason is not the team itself, what I hate is the fans. Dallas has got to be the most two faced , bandwagoning town I have ever lived in. Oh the Stars are winning? Look!Look! I'm a Stars fan! The Rangers are winning!?? let me go buy a Rangers shirt! Same with the Mavs etc. There is an air of sports desperation in Dallas, they will cling onto anything that wins.

Cant help but notice you left the Cowboys (the subject of your disdain) out of your rant. Why? I think you know...

Cowboys fans have been mired in their team's mediocrity for a very long time, yet they still pack that gigantic stadium, and there are proud Cowboys fans everywhere. Cowboys fans aren't bandwaggon fans. There are just alot of them.

You're absolutely correct about the other teams though.

It was just to illustrate a point. You know if they start to win DFW bandwagoners will flock to them. My statement still stands that DFW is a fickle sports starved town. I remember the lines at Dick's Sporting goods to get Rangers shirts when they went to the World Series.

The Cowboys are the most followed team in football and haven't done crap in a long time. Fair weather fans my ass. I don't know who your team is but maybe you should stick with cheering for them. They obviously blow or you wouldn't worry about the Cowboys so much. Or, you are generally insecure.

Sorry it offends your micro brain that a surge in sales happens during the World Series. It happens in every city, in every sport, every year. You mouth breathers are entertaining. With your logic companies should market the losers because people line up for losers. Ask Jacksonville. Watch out for shiny objects and the bewilderment if fire. Thanks for the entertainment.

• Downvote 2

The Cowboys are the most followed team in football and haven't done crap in a long time. Fair weather fans my ass. I don't know who your team is but maybe you should stick with cheering for them. They obviously blow or you wouldn't worry about the Cowboys so much. Or, you are generally insecure.

Sorry it offends your micro brain that a surge in sales happens during the World Series. It happens in every city, in every sport, every year. You mouth breathers are entertaining. With your logic companies should market the losers because people line up for losers. Ask Jacksonville. Watch out for shiny objects and the bewilderment if fire. Thanks for the entertainment.

Cowboys are not the most followed team.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8254ee9c/article/survey-says-packers-not-cowboys-now-americas-team

Cowboys have a crappy fanbase either way, even Troy Aikman agrees.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20121009-troy-aikman-cowboys-rarely-had-loud-home-crowds-a-lot-of-dallas-fans-go-to-be-seen.ece

Dallas is a football town, no matter what the Rangers want to say (pathetic, IMO.)

But the Cowboys are headed to 8-8 yet again.

Edited by meangreener
  • Downvote 1

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8254ee9c/article/survey-says-packers-not-cowboys-now-americas-team

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20121009-troy-aikman-cowboys-rarely-had-loud-home-crowds-a-lot-of-dallas-fans-go-to-be-seen.ece

Dallas is a football town, no matter what the Rangers want to say (pathetic, IMO.)

No biased from you, right? Nice links that I won't bother reading. You lost me last week when you became a ranting racist. Sorry.

And the Astros are staying in the cellar. But at least your owner is making $1B in profit. So Astros win, right?

And the Astros are staying in the cellar. But at least your owner is making $1B in profit. So Astros win, right?

Yeah, but we'll both be sitting at home.

Also: http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2013/08/forbes_writers_fighting_over_a.php

The revenue story was false. Also $100 million isn't $1 billion.

Dallas is by far the worst sports town I've ever lived in.

Edited by meangreener
  • Downvote 1

Based on one survey with 700 non regulated voters

Who cares

Yeah, but we'll both be sitting at home.

Also: http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2013/08/forbes_writers_fighting_over_a.php

The revenue story was false. Also $100 million isn't $1 billion.

Dallas is by far the worst sports town I've ever lived in.

Either way, it's happy fun time for Astros fans in Astros town.

How many towns have you lived in?

Detroit, Cleveland, New York City, Atlanta, Syracuse, DFW, Houston, Cincy and Austin I've lived in Houston and DFW most of my life but we moved a lot as I was a child.

The worst sports town.

Houston is an awesome town to visit. I forget why the Oilers moved. Must have been too much awesome in one place to make a go of things.

So then what will your reaction be if all the sudden UNT starts winning and we have 25k at every game? Look at me, I'm a UNT football fan.

You know the hardest part of living in Dallas/ft worth? All the transplants and people that live here and hate the local franchises...

All cities support the winning franchises... Spare me.

I've been a UNT fan since undergrad, going to every game even when we were with Dodge and only getting 1 or 2 wins a season. I was still there, on holiday and breaks. I have no problem with real fans who stick with their teams through thick and thin. UNT could lose every game and I would still be a UNT fan.

I don't want bandwagoners at our school if we win. I would rather have 10k hardcore real fans in the stands than a bunch of fickle glory hunters wasting space.

Cant help but notice you left the Cowboys (the subject of your disdain) out of your rant. Why? I think you know...

Cowboys fans have been mired in their team's mediocrity for a very long time, yet they still pack that gigantic stadium, and there are proud Cowboys fans everywhere. Cowboys fans aren't bandwaggon fans. There are just alot of them.

You're absolutely correct about the other teams though.

I already pointed out my disdain for the Cowboys fanbase in an earlier post. I have no problem with real supporters, but living in Dallas all those years I always heard people say "I love the Cowboys! I'm a lifelong fan! We are the greatest team in History!" then when they lose, have a bad game, or are out of the playoffs, "F the cowboys, I didn't really like them anyway, they are my second team I really root for (so and so)."

I have heard this countless times from different people. Just going on personal experience.

It's bias not "biased."

I'm white. Are you saying I'm racist against white people because I dislike racist white people?

Hmm.

Apologies to the grammar police, some of us have been drinking and watching football. Nice deflection because you know you sounded foolish recently.

I think you are a racist because you are a racist by what you write. Sorry, your own speech did that for you. Funny, Hitler had Jewish lineage, but he never could have been anti semitic with your logic.

You normally have good stuff to say about UNT and good insight. Maybe you should stick with that instead of insulting most of the people on this board. Sorry hoss, you have acted like a wanker on here lately.

• Downvote 1