Texas Heat & Team Conditioning

CaliMeanGreen

I must say from the looks of the game on TV and what my weather app was telling me it looked incredibly hot. It said 90 at halftime

You could tell from BSU how hot it was. A lot of their players looked gassed in the 2nd qtr, requesting to come out, cramps, injuries. I saw one particular coach for them that was bright red from sunburn

It has to be an advantage to have the other team sit in the sun while our team is in the shade in a game like that. This also hurts the student attendance as well unfortunately

Can't say enough about the shape our players are in, Coach Wintrich & his strength staff should be congratulated.

It was a Hot summer and August Cam, the players worked hard in it everyday, it showed yesterday.

• Upvote 2

Carlos Harris@CarlosDHarrisJr16h

FOR THE FANS WHO STAYED THE WHOLE GAME THANKS TO THE ONES THAT LEFT AT HALF I RESPECTFULLY SAY WE DON'T NEED YOU AS FANS #UNT #GMG #HIT6

PREACH! You do not see UT students leave the game at half. They could have seats in the nosebleed section sitting with temperatures reaching 100 degrees and they would never leave! Unfortunately most of are students are "artsy" and rather sit around drinking coffee and talking about "politics". Then you also have the tailgaters who never enter because the stadium does not sell beer. The students who stayed were rewarded by this team though!

• Downvote 1

The Idaho and Ball State games are why you have, as we used to call them, Gut Checks. You run and do cardio until you damn near puke and/or pass out. This is the reason why you have two a days. It matters come 4th quarter. You have to want it more than the other guy, and you have to be able to take it from him.

Carlos has a mouth. No need to alienate anyone.... esp students. Brandon Byrd's reaction shows maturity and quite a bit more composure by simply saying "Yall missed a good one".

Also saw Carlos turning around and cussing out someone in the stands. He needs to grow up and learn to control what he can control and let other things go.

Carlos has a mouth. No need to alienate anyone.... esp students. Brandon Byrd's reaction shows maturity and quite a bit more composure by simply saying "Yall missed a good one".

Also saw Carlos turning around and cussing out someone in the stands. He needs to grow up and learn to control what he can control and let other things go.

After thinking about it very true.... He was correct with what he said, though there could be a nicer way of saying it. Still that does not happen at schools like UT. They do tough out the heat and the nosebleeds. UNT students have a fantastic free view of the game! I would take advantage of that all day every day.