Where's UNT90?

meangreener

My problem is that we don't expect the players to give up yet many fans are heading out to the exits at the first sign of trouble. We should support these young men with the same effort we expect of them.

Yup. 90 doesn't.

That's why I'm fed up.

He can't even support the team after a win, everything is tongue in cheek or bitching about attendance.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

90's main complaint all week long is that we kept running the ball on 1st & 2nd down vs Ohio. We did just the opposite yesterday & got the win.

Yep. Here is an interesting 1st quarter 1st down stat for you:

9 1st quarter 1st downs and 5 first down passes. Balance.

4 of the 5 first down passes led to subsequent 1st downs.

Only 1 of the 4 1st down runs led to a subsequent 1st down, and that was on a 13 yard DT scramble on the last play of the 1st quarter.

Also, lets not forget that 1st down run which led to 7 points for the Ball St. defense.

What does all this mean? It means that Ball St. loaded the box against the run, sometimes having 9 in the box in the 1st and second quarter. Once we established a passing game, I routinely saw 7 in the box in the second half.

Amazing what happens when you take what the defense gives you and don't continually attempt to pound your head against a brick wall.

• Upvote 3

Yup. 90 doesn't.

That's why I'm fed up.

He can't even support the team after a win, everything is tongue in cheek or bitching about attendance.

Ok, I'll raise your allowance and let you go to bed ten minutes later if you'll just shut up.

Nope, not another word out of you young man!!!! I will turn this car around!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It's called having a life, my friend. Can't be on here 24/7 like you.

Excuse me for enjoying the comeback and not reaching for my cell phone during the game. I guess I could be a bi-polar fan like yourself, predicting national championships one moment and saying how bad we suck the next.

This was a very nice win, but the 1st quarter was VERY Todd Dodge-esqe. Thank God we righted the ship, and the players and coaches deserve credit for that.

Not you.

Have to agree the first quarter was horrid and looked like the team was dead in the water. Kudos to the players and coaches proving the naysayers wrong and playing a great 2nd half. Also kudos to DT showing some guts after the hand injury.

Great game and yes Sundays feel better when the Mean Green Win, while the Longwhorns and Aggies both lose.

• Upvote 2

A few consecutive winning seasons will change what some of you call our "culture" quite dramatically. "W's" just seems to have that effect.

Still, we're in the Metroplex where there are a thousand other things you can do on Game Days so promotions that you can see visible results (as in butts in seats) will still need to be a regular staple at North Texas; lest we forget, our school colors are not orange/white or maroon/white.

The days of "oh, hell, we're winning and they'll show up just because of that" days are gone forever for college football programs in the North Texas/DFW Metroplex. If TCU has a few losing seasons in a row you will think it is the TCU from their old Southwest Conference days at the ACS turnstiles.

Ok, I'll raise your allowance and let you go to bed ten minutes later if you'll just shut up.

Nope, not another word out of you young man!!!! I will turn this car around!

Emmitt I spit out water on my commuter wthi that one. I was thinking something like that.

Edited by KingDL1