Terrible

unt_rocket09

I'm more concerned about the playing than the attendance. I'm sure most outsiders watching the game noticed our lack of points off turnovers and yet another long play for a TD more than they did the number of people in the stands. The two phenomena could be linked, you know...

Terrible crowd, will be around 17K reported. Really sad. The heat was pretty bad on the student section, I moved to the alumni side. TCU had the same problem with an early kick. Oh well. There was no publicity whatsoever, really terrible job by the athletic department. People are already looking forward to Rice and homecoming. A lot of the students left and the elementary kids all hid in the wing zone concourse. I have pictures. The heat was worse than Idaho, IMO.

HEY BOR!

This is what you extended!

Good job!

This is EASILY the WORST early season crowd I have ever seen.

People are starting not to give a sh+t, just like you.

Go freaking figure

Hmmmmmmm...what was that final score again?

A little quick out the gate with the hate...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

The only thing that I will say about today's attendance is that all who stayed away and/or left early missed one of the best comeback wins I have seen in awhile...sort of reminds me of last year's LaLa televised game where folks gave up and left and missed that great comeback! If you left or stayed home, you missed the best part of a great game!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Speaks to how the student body really feels about the athletics program here. I had a professor who said it best: "People come to UNT to get away from football."

I truly hope you lost a pair of shoes in his ass.

The attendance after half was miserable. I'm sure some on the student side went to sit on the alumni side, but not that many.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Terrible crowd, will be around 17K reported. Really sad. The heat was pretty bad on the student section, I moved to the alumni side. TCU had the same problem with an early kick. Oh well. There was no publicity whatsoever, really terrible job by the athletic department. People are already looking forward to Rice and homecoming. A lot of the students left and the elementary kids all hid in the wing zone concourse. I have pictures. The heat was worse than Idaho, IMO.

I'm so tired of hearing this every week. Such a lame excuse. People don't come to the games cause they're tired of losing and in the past it was the team that quit on the fans. I hope tonight our students saw the heart and effort our players put in and show up for the next home game.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1

Yep. Stop bringing the program and people down. Just button your lip if you feel the urge to talk about attendance. Blanket statements about attendance and our team are a complete waste of time. I love North Texas football and always will. Our program is going places and our team deserves our support for what they just did on the field. What's more important for me? I created memories for my kids tonight who attended their first game. Attendance grows and shrinks with a growing program. Like climbing a ladder in an elevator. Patience. We will get there.

• Upvote 5