attendance...

Green Crazy

I remember reading a tweet from the NT Daily Sports guy that it was 15k something.

I'm not worried about attendance.

What did bug me though was how many people left after halftime. You have to be able to retain the people you already have there.

Amazing game though.

• Upvote 1

I remember reading a tweet from the NT Daily Sports guy that it was 15k something.

I'm not worried about attendance.

What did bug me though was how many people left after halftime. You have to be able to retain the people you already have there.

Amazing game though.

I don't know the exact figure but I believe that it was reported to be around 16,000 as our average dropped from 20K to 18K.

A lot of the sturdents did not leave at the half but moved over to the alumni side to be in the shade. The west stands had a lot more people in the second half.

However, without the rally in the last minute of the first half it would have been hard to blame them for leaving It was almost like watching your kid getting beaten toa pulp.

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 2

You know what it was a win. For everyone who wants to analyze the attendance - unless you were there - suck it. Great game for Mean Green Nation!! Huge win for the program! Congrats to the players and Mac --- we appreciate you!! GMG!

Harry and myself are on the same page, like i said before who the f*** cares, We Won, thats what matters

But those who were there got fired up and made noise at the end, whether that directly resulted in those two penalties or not, it happened. I wasn't surprised at all by the student turnout given the melting in the sun factor. And, yes, I saw several show up on the west side at the half even though a number did just leave at the half, as predicted.

Regardless of the attendance, that was the most enjoyable game for me that I have attended in a very long time. I am now very excited for my trip to Georgia to hang with some family and a lot of Georgia alums.

But those who were there got fired up and made noise at the end, whether that directly resulted in those two penalties or not, it happened. I wasn't surprised at all by the student turnout given the melting in the sun factor. And, yes, I saw several show up on the west side at the half even though a number did just leave at the half, as predicted.

Regardless of the attendance, that was the most enjoyable game for me that I have attended in a very long time. I am now very excited for my trip to Georgia to hang with some family and a lot of Georgia alums.

My voice is still raspy today

• Upvote 1

Question... Does anyone have a problem when students move to the alumni side? To me it spreads out the crowd, but as long as I have my seat in the 50 I am good. I just know that all the hook games really police the seating. They. Heck constantly from start to finish to make sure people are in their correct seat. Asking 3 or 4 times to see tickets throughout the game. The "workers" who we have never seem to do that. I am just curious about the thoughts on that. I am happy that we gets fans to the game, but should students stay on the student side? Or is it ok to go to paid seats and sit there....

Question... Does anyone have a problem when students move to the alumni side? To me it spreads out the crowd, but as long as I have my seat in the 50 I am good. I just know that all the hook games really police the seating. They. Heck constantly from start to finish to make sure people are in their correct seat. Asking 3 or 4 times to see tickets throughout the game. The "workers" who we have never seem to do that. I am just curious about the thoughts on that. I am happy that we gets fans to the game, but should students stay on the student side? Or is it ok to go to paid seats and sit there....

When the heat is a factor as it was yesterday, I would rather see students seek the shade than leave early or not even show up.

• Upvote 1

The main reason this bothers me is because it seriously makes me feel bad for the players. No one wants to play in front of a crowd like that, let alone on tv. I think it's pretty defeating for them to come out and see that. That's all. I want better for them, because they deserve it.

That's just not something we can control. I would like to have bigger attendance but that doesn't make me feel bad for the players if it's simply not there. The players themselves know what they're up against especially when choosing to come to a situation that NT is in. Just keep on winning and that tide will turn eventually.

I didn't get up there yesterday, but I looked up at my seats on the Club level a couple of times, and it seemed like that was the fullest I have seen the Club stands. Was the Club indoors area busy also?

GMG

Pretty average club level attendance. No big lines for anything.

I was really excited with the atmosphere in the club when we opened Apogee against Houston. Sadly, there hasn't been a game like that since then. I know it was Apogee opening, but it showed what could be if people cared and this team would win consistently.

Hell, Apogee wasn't even sold out that day.

Sorry, off track, but it was pretty standard attendance up there.

• Upvote 1

The student side was abysmal. Use heat as an excuse once but not again when it's ten degrees cooler. If they can't turn out by the Rice game, then there is a serious problem! I was born in Texas work my ranch in one hundred five degree heat and don't wear short pants like our band.

The Rice game is on Halloween, that game will not be packed