OK I think I'm officially riding the train to the game tomorrow&#3

Harry

I'm hoping they'll come up with something to address the special event.

Otherwise, this is why mass transit is always going to be a failure in this area.

The TRE accommodates a lot of people on Sundays from Fort Worth to Dallas during the State Fair.

What this ultimately comes down to is a chicken/egg scenario. Which comes first -- the demand to ride the train or offering the service in the first place and the demand follows.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1

Please don't shoot the messenger - James329 has been our friend in sharing all of the details about the train and we appreciate him for that.

You can't expect them to completely alter their plans for the train schedules after one event. That is one of the reasons I rode the train was to show them that we as fans intended to use them. It will take time. I too wish that they could do it for Rice but it doesn't appear like that will happen.

I think a more reasonable step would be for them to have the shuttle to Fouts running consistently on game days. To me having that shuttle make the stop through Fouts a part of the schedule would be a good step forward in this process.

Please don't shoot the messenger - James329 has been our friend in sharing all of the details about the train and we appreciate him for that.

You can't expect them to completely alter their plans for the train schedules after one event. That is one of the reasons I rode the train was to show them that we as fans intended to use them. It will take time. I too wish that they could do it for Rice but it doesn't appear like that will happen.

I think a more reasonable step would be for them to have the shuttle to Fouts running consistently on game days. To me having that shuttle make the stop through Fouts a part of the schedule would be a good step forward in this process.

Good points Harry. The train will take time, but that time could come sooner with good promotion from UNT, The City of Denton, DART and DCTA. I have been pushing the use of the "A TRAIN" for the last three years on this board and I am very happy to see it finally catching on

• Upvote 1

How bout rental lockers outside Apogee to store away your Springfield .45 while you attend the game? Problem solved.

Charlie is lucky all he wanted this time was money. Next time it might be your car or who knows what?

Rick

Did you get a jumping to conclusions mat for your birthday? Charlie, wasn't robbed. I'd argue that he was never in danger of being robbed by this "big, bad, man"

You're not going to placate a robber by handing him $15 when he asks for money. Take out your wallet or a wad of cash, whatever, and the "robber" is going to take it all.

Charlie got hustled due to the fact that he had a stereotype in his mind when he saw this guy. So unless the guy came up and told Charlie he needed a ride and Charlie just gave him his keys I don't see how his car would have been in danger.

Edited by adman
  • Upvote 2

Adman, I wish you would have been with me. I would have been much safer with you! Since I was all alone, at 930 pm!

I was stereotyping the guy, oh what a nice man I thought. Coming out of the darkness. Gee, he sure is big, about

6-4, 270 lbs, blood shot eyes, kinda jumpy and looked like a CRACK HEAD! Yeah, I was stereotyping the guy. I was robbed

once before, so I was very concerned about this guy and the situation I was in.

My mind was running, what should I do, how am I going to handle this guy, how can I get away?

This guy had came up behind me, out of my sight. I was caught off guard and surprised. I was searching for an escape route.

The guy was right beside me in an instant. Started saying he needed money for a motel room. He put his hand in his pocket, like in

the old gangster movies. Maybe he has a gun or knife? I played up to what the guy wanted, a room for the night. I asked him how much

does he need to get a motel room. He said $20.00. I told him all that I had was $15.00. I pulled out my wallet ( I was thinking about throwing

the wallet as far as I could away from the man and me, to give me an escape route). I pulled out the 10 and the 5 dollar bills. I told him

I hope this would help him get a room.

The man could see that was all the cash I had. I handed the man the cash, then he turns away and starts walking towards Royal Lane.

I walked quickly to my car, looking around for the man. He was gone. How did he vanish so quickly? i got in my car, locked the doors,

and drove away.

Was I hustled? Only the Adman can judge that. I was not taking any chances with this big bad man.

Next time, maybe the Adman will be with me. The Adman would have punched this guys lights out, since

he is an expert on how to stereotype bad guys, or sees threats as a hustle.

Man- you were not there! So how dare you say I was hustled! Some day you may be in the same spot

like I was. Lets see who gets hustled then!

Adman, I wish you would have been with me. I would have been much safer with you! Since I was all alone, at 930 pm!

I was stereotyping the guy, oh what a nice man I thought. Coming out of the darkness. Gee, he sure is big, about

6-4, 270 lbs, blood shot eyes, kinda jumpy and looked like a CRACK HEAD! Yeah, I was stereotyping the guy. I was robbed

once before, so I was very concerned about this guy and the situation I was in.

My mind was running, what should I do, how am I going to handle this guy, how can I get away?

This guy had came up behind me, out of my sight. I was caught off guard and surprised. I was searching for an escape route.

The guy was right beside me in an instant. Started saying he needed money for a motel room. He put his hand in his pocket, like in

the old gangster movies. Maybe he has a gun or knife? I played up to what the guy wanted, a room for the night. I asked him how much

does he need to get a motel room. He said $20.00. I told him all that I had was $15.00. I pulled out my wallet ( I was thinking about throwing

the wallet as far as I could away from the man and me, to give me an escape route). I pulled out the 10 and the 5 dollar bills. I told him

I hope this would help him get a room.

The man could see that was all the cash I had. I handed the man the cash, then he turns away and starts walking towards Royal Lane.

I walked quickly to my car, looking around for the man. He was gone. How did he vanish so quickly? i got in my car, locked the doors,

and drove away.

Was I hustled? Only the Adman can judge that. I was not taking any chances with this big bad man.

Next time, maybe the Adman will be with me. The Adman would have punched this guys lights out, since

he is an expert on how to stereotype bad guys, or sees threats as a hustle.

Man- you were not there! So how dare you say I was hustled! Some day you may be in the same spot

like I was. Lets see who gets hustled then!

Im not bashing you Charlie. You were scared. Thats ok. Everyone gets scared. My point was that Rick was making a very difficult connection in saying: "Next time it could be your car."

But let me ask - This 6'4" 270 man that came out of the darkness - was he Asian? Hispanic? White? Black? Native American?

I say you were hustled because strangers approaching asking for money happens all the time. Some of the better ones go like this: "Hey man, hey, listen could you help me out, I just need $3 to get in the shelter tonight. It costs $10 and Im short. Can you help?" This is a hustle. Usually done in winter when our sympathy for the cold plays to the favor of the hustler.

Another good one is: "Hey man, I aint gonna lie. I just got out of jail. (Framing himself as a dangerous man) And I need some money to get to "INSERT NAME OF BURB HERE" Can you help me out?

Im glad you are safe. And you did what you felt necessary to remain safe. But you were not robbed and that was what I was speaking to regarding Rick's post.

• Upvote 2