North Texas vs. Ball State Watching Party

UNT 90 Grad

North Texas vs. Ball State Watching Party - Can't be at the game for one reason or another? We've arranged for a North Texas vs. Ball State watching party at Fairview Down Under on 9/14 at 3pm. http://fairviewdownunder.com/ Fairview Down Under is located at The Village at Fairview, between Allen and McKinney at the northeast corner of US 75 and Stacy Road, behind the JC Penny. They have a full restaurant and bar. The game will be projected on the big screen as well as on various TVs throughout. The game audio will be piped throughout the restaurant. They will have several drink specials for Mean Green fans. They include:

· Choose from three special green shots for $3 each including

o Melon Balls

o Green Kamikazes

o Green Apples

· Buckets of Beer for $12

· Coach “Mac”tinis (Grey Goose Martinis) for $7

med_gallery_3776_75_876603.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey, I get it...believe me. And, like I said..appreciate you setting this up. I guess though I am sort of with the why set up a local watch party for home games mind-set. Don't think there is an official watch party at Hooter's this week...is there? Always thought watch parties were for away games, but, heck, what do I know? No problem at all..at least UNT fans are finally coming out FOR SOMETHING. And, that is never a bad thing. Too bad they would rather support the place in Fairview with their dollars and spirit instead of being at Apogee when so close. But, at least they will be wearing green and cheering for UNT...too bad the team won't see or hear them. Like you said, baby steps. I guess. Your examples of success are great ones...so, maybe the baby steps work.

Hope you will be at Apogee as usual. Assume you will be.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hey, I get it...believe me. And, like I said..appreciate you setting this up. I guess though I am sort of with the why set up a local watch party for home games mind-set. Don't think there is an official watch party at Hooter's this week...is there? Always thought watch parties were for away games, but, heck, what do I know? No problem at all..at least UNT fans are finally coming out FOR SOMETHING. And, that is never a bad thing. Too bad they would rather support the place in Fairview with their dollars and spirit instead of being at Apogee when so close. But, at least they will be wearing green and cheering for UNT...too bad the team won't see or hear them. Like you said, baby steps. I guess. Your examples of success are great ones...so, maybe the baby steps work.

Hope you will be at Apogee as usual. Assume you will be.

I absolutely will be. By the way, I wouldn't compare a home game watching party in Denton to a home game watching party in Allen. The difference in drive time investment from each to Apogee is significant. It's worth the drive for me, but not everyone in my neck of the woods thinks of Denton as "local". Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 2

I know...you practically need a passport and a visa to get all the way from Allen to Denton. Pretty much a two day trek over lots of boarder crossings, right? Better fill up twice to make that trek.

Hey, I love the fact that you have set this up, but it is one of the aspects of the UNT fan base that could use a bit of "re-adjustment" to think that Allen is a long long way from Denton and that the "big trek" from Allen to Denton is enough to keep our fans away. But, better to watch in Allen than not watch at all. So, progress is progress...maybe just maybe someday our fan base will actually care enough to drive all that way...all that way. I can only hope. It is also a 3PM game...not like they would get home at the crack of dawn Sunday or anything and they probably would not even have to spend the night in Denton to make that long drive home.

I wonder what all those OSU fans living in Dallas and Denton are thinking about the drive to Stillwater Saturday, or the Aggies about to head out for College Station. I am thinking they wish they only had to make that long long haul all the way from Allen to Denton.

Just dreaming the green kool-ad dream here, UNT 90 Grad...jsut dreaming...I definitely get where you are coming from with this, and once again, I applaud your continuing efforts to grow the base...need many more with your passion and drive and desire to help make things happen. Appreciate you more than you know! :goodjob::goodjob::thumbsu:

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Baby steps, KRAM1, baby steps. Believe it or not, I have people show up at these that have never set foot in Apogee. There is a 60's era alum who has been to just about every watching party I've had over the past 3 years. He joined the Mean Green Club a few months ago and made his first entrance to Apogee for this year's MGC appreciation event.

For the Ohio watching party, I had a gentleman show up that hasn't watched a North Texas sporting event since he graduated in 1990. However, he doesn't live far from Fairview Down Under and made a last minute decision to check the event out after hearing about it from a UNT employee. Now he asked to be added to my mailing list so he can come to future events. I'll bet making the hour trip to Denton will happen for him before we know it.

I have several more examples like this. Some people need a few tastes before they take a big bite. I'm just trying to reach out and get people hooked that have been disengaged.

With the success of your watching parties, you should put together a party bus to Apogee.