TCU vs Tech..."Freshmen QB's Are Better Prepared"

FirefightnRick

If your watching the first half of this game you have noticed this is the topic of discussion by David Pollock and the ESPN crew as to why we are seeing so many freshmen QB's leading more and more of the bigger programs across the country because they are that much better prepared in today's game coming out of HS...and they have given several examples.

I thought this was interesting considering the experts here on Gmg seem convinced otherwise that this just can't be.

Rick

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I have never seen a team catch more breaks and get more calls go their way than Texas Tech tonight. Wow...talk about getting all the breaks! I hope UNT starts greeting some breaks like Tech has tonight. The TCU fans must simply be she'll shocked over some of these calls...all going Tech's way tonight.

Glad to see the Tech win, but wow!

And, TCU's Patterson looks like a little gnome on te sidelines!

• Upvote 1

TCU doesn't belong in the Big 12. Especially if they can't beat a Texas Tech team as inept as this one. Both offenses looked like crap.

Three interceptions thrown by Tech's freshman QB. He's great against SMU and Stephen F. Austin. Wow. Impressive. Maybe he should transfer to Sam Houston State so he can play his level of competition week in and week out.

No he's a sophomore WR converted to play QB because Pachal broke his arm.

And I'm with Rick on this one. Why not give the kid a shot? It's working for other freshman. Why not ours?

No, Lets get this right. He's a sophomore RB converted last year to play QB because Pachall likes drugs.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 3

If your watching the first half of this game you have noticed this is the topic of discussion by David Pollock and the ESPN crew as to why we are seeing so many freshmen QB's leading more and more of the bigger programs across the country because they are that much better prepared in today's game coming out of HS...and they have given several examples.

I thought this was interesting considering the experts here on Gmg seem convinced otherwise that this just can't be.

Rick

They also said during that same discussion that while young QBs do well in spread offenses they struggle in pro-style and other more complicated systems. I can't tell you if we have a complicated offense or not, but I do know we don't have a spread offense.

Also, mayfield had his first test last night and struggled. He didn't do jack in the second half and really he didn't do anything after the first quarter. I think tech had 3 first downs in the second half. However, that's against a bad ass coach in Patterson. We'll see how he does after getting knocked down, assuming Webb doesn't become the starter.