Marshall v. Ohio: Testing the conference vs. opponent cheering theory

jdennis82

Curious how you guys are approaching the game this week. There are 2 approaches:

1. Hope Ohio beats Marshall to confirm that Ohio is just a much better squad than what was on display against Lousiville. Marshall's not on NT's schedule (currently) so our 2013 team's perception is more easily tied to Ohio's success.

2. Hope Marshall exacts some CUSA revenge on the Bobcats for us. It's best to have CUSA win as many games against MAC, MWC, and SunBelt schools to elevate the prestige of the conference. Ultimately, we'll could them on the field in the conference championship game anyway.

Me, I choose to subscribe to approach #2

• Upvote 1

I see both points but still choose this:

We need Marshall to win because whoever our standard bearer is this year needs to be a Top 25 ranked team who when we play them next Fall (2014) may still be hovering in or around as a Top 25 ranked program. What we seem to have made a multi-decades mountain of La Tech made a mole hill when their team was ranked inside a Top 25 poll for 2 or 3 weeks last Fall.

I think Top 25 is exactly what Dan McCarney is shooting for with this Mean Green football program. Last year can you believe how in only his 2'nd year how close to a 6 win season his team became? Does anyone else think about these kind of things or just prefer all the other lagniape we get on this forum? :(

We don't need a winning North Texas/CUSA football program only winning in our new conference because everyone else and their dogs in CUSA are having down seasons.

We must get this Mean Green football program inside a NCAA Division 1 FBS level Top 25 poll again; after all, it has been awhile.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Hope Marshall wins.

By 1.

In overtime.

Ditto. If Marshall stomps Ohio a new mudhole, it could mean we may not be very competitive this year. But Marshall does have a very good team and is part of our conference so hoping for a small win from them is the best way to go.

• Upvote 1