What's really concerning

meangreanmick

OLine and RB's have not been good so far. 38 carries for around 104 yards last night? Not much better vs Idaho. That was supposed to be a strength, we have not run the ball well in 2 games.

DT is what he is. Good leader, good guy, not a great QB. I wish he was better because I want to pull for the guy. The unfortunate part is the receivers as a group look very good, but we can't get the ball to them consistently where they can catch and run with it.

Defense, while they make mistakes, gave up 20 on the road to the team that should win the MAC. That should be good enough to win.

• Upvote 2

OLine and RB's have not been good so far. 38 carries for around 104 yards last night? Not much better vs Idaho. That was supposed to be a strength, we have not run the ball well in 2 games.

So true. 2.7 a carry isn't going to get it done vs. anybody. Did we overrate our OL/RB's, or is a lot of this on play calling? I guess time will tell.

So true. 2.7 a carry isn't going to get it done vs. anybody. Did we overrate our OL/RB's, or is a lot of this on play calling? I guess time will tell.

I think it comes down to the shackles on the passing game. NT's anemic aerial attack consists of lots of quick screens, playaction, & an occasional quick out/slant. Not a lot of reasons for the D to play off & the pass unless they're looking at 3rd & long.

DT is what he is. Good leader, good guy, not a great QB. I wish he was better because I want to pull for the guy. The unfortunate part is the receivers as a group look very good, but we can't get the ball to them consistently where they can catch and run with it.

Defense, while they make mistakes, gave up 20 on the road to the team that should win the MAC. That should be good enough to win.

I agree. Ohio is a good team that will expose your areas of weakness.

What concerns me is the development of Dejon Williams. While he should not be thrown in over his head, he needs to get some game time every game.

Give him a limited number of plays in certain situations every game and let him develop. It will pay off in the end.

I think it comes down to the shackles on the passing game. NT's anemic aerial attack consists of lots of quick screens, playaction, & an occasional quick out/slant. Not a lot of reasons for the D to play off & the pass unless they're looking at 3rd & long.

This is because your quarterback shot puts the ball on anything beyond 15 yards. His throws give DB's time to recover (see the pick 6 for evidence). Mac and Chico know what we have in him.

And look at the bright side. We could be UT and watch our "top shelf" defense give up 550 yards on the ground.

I agree. Ohio is a good team that will expose your areas of weakness.

What concerns me is the development of Dejon Williams. While he should not be thrown in over his head, he needs to get some game time every game.

Give him a limited number of plays in certain situations every game and let him develop. It will pay off in the end.

Wasn't there talk of certain packages being developed for him?