DJW

H-towngreen

Give me a break... We all new DT had a lucky game agaiant an awful team (minus the few that praised him and acted like he was a football God last week). Anyone could have seen this coming. Damon or Brock need to be in the game now. Neither of them would have been brought down on that play a few minutes ago. Instead they would have run for a first down. DT is awful and will remain awful until the season ends. He can beat Idaho, UTSA, and maybe the likes of the teams from florida... To think I was excited about football finally when I heard we brought in Brock Bergland.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Actually after the 2nd TD I thought he looked like he was running out of steam...if you're a bit hot and cold in the same game, as long as the hot outmatches the cold you might be fine. But then we had the 3rd TD so I thought maybe I was wrong...but then he just started looking worse. So do you bring in the new guy, or hope the guy that was having a so-so game can lock it down? Tough call. Especially in such a close game. There were a couple times I saw bad throws and weak runs and wondered if Williams would have pulled off a nice play if he had been in. We won't know until we get to see more of him!

Don't count on seeing DW at all unless we are blowing a team out. DMac held onto DT all last year, so why change, don;t want to hurt his psyche

Yes, God forbid we sit him. THAT would hurt his psyche. Not the terrible throwing motion. Not the overthrown balls. Not the interceptions. Sitting and being challenged would be the thing that hurts his psyche.

• Upvote 2

I am starting to think that Dajon may be a conference option, meaning if they don't think DT can win the conference games they will make a move. I'll say it now, Derek wasn't horrible tonight but his lack of running ability really hurts our running game.

I'll say it now, Derek wasn't horrible tonight but his lack of running ability really hurts our running game.

19/29 195 2 ints. I wouldn't call that good or even mediocre. DT would be fine if we had a stacked D and a running game that couldn't be stopped. DT would be fine to manage the game. But we don't and he's not. We need someone who can make plays and create points.

• Upvote 1

Yes, God forbid we sit him. THAT would hurt his psyche. Not the terrible throwing motion. Not the overthrown balls. Not the interceptions. Sitting and being challenged would be the thing that hurts his psyche.

If anything will hurt his psyche it's continuing to leave him out there when he's clearly struggling. Pull him for a series or two, coach him up and let him observe, and then re-insert him.

• Upvote 1

I honestly think the coaches don't trust DT to be a playmaker, thus the shackles on the offensive play calling. It just doesn't make any sense to be as conservative as NT is.

I know we're all armchair QBs here, but I think it's obvious Canales' offense is on lockdown. Mac can't be the sole reason for that. They were chomping at the bit to recruit a dual threat player like BB....

I am starting to think that Dajon may be a conference option, meaning if they don't think DT can win the conference games they will make a move. I'll say it now, Derek wasn't horrible tonight but his lack of running ability really hurts our running game.

And his innate ability to lock onto one reciever.

Is it just me that seems like DT is slow. He is slow with mobility. Slow with his release. Slow with his drop back after the snap. Seems slow with his judgement. and slow with using his options.

It's not you. I saw DT throw a pass, one of the few times the camera man was able to show the quaterback, and I thought his terrible and slow motion was a result of the crappy feed and broken internet stream.

If anything will hurt his psyche it's continuing to leave him out there when he's clearly struggling. Pull him for a series or two, coach him up and let him observe, and then re-insert him.

At my age, I have had to do this and it works...oh, wait.

• Upvote 3

Is it just me that seems like DT is slow. He is slow with mobility. Slow with his release. Slow with his drop back after the snap. Seems slow with his judgement. and slow with using his options.

He's definitely not a quick QB, but the strange thing is that I thought he looked much quicker against Idaho than he did last season, and I was thinking that it was weight loss related. Maybe he has a little insect in his family tree, and that cool Ohio air slowed him down to a crawl? I don't know, but I suspect we'll be seeing him play again in 100 degree weather next week regardless. Just hopefully not for a full 60 minutes.

He's definitely not a quick QB, but the strange thing is that I thought he looked much quicker against Idaho than he did last season, and I was thinking that it was weight loss related. Maybe he has a little insect in his family tree, and that cool Ohio air slowed him down to a crawl? I don't know, but I suspect we'll be seeing him play again in 100 degree weather next week regardless. Just hopefully not for a full 60 minutes.

Alot of things looked better/quicker against Idaho. It's because Idaho is terrible.

Give me a break... We all new DT had a lucky game agaiant an awful team (minus the few that praised him and acted like he was a football God last week). Anyone could have seen this coming. Damon or Brock need to be in the game now. Neither of them would have been brought down on that play a few minutes ago. Instead they would have run for a first down. DT is awful and will remain awful until the season ends. He can beat Idaho, UTSA, and maybe the likes of the teams from florida... To think I was excited about football finally when I heard we brought in Brock Bergland.

Did you watch UTSA play, very impressive.