21-7 we're officially on the ropes

Harry

My Take As We're Behind 21 to 7

First of all, our up tempo game from last week disappeared; then we started our very first series without 1 single pass and that's when I had some early on bad vibes or karma and then said to myself.........uh, oh. :(

:bling: Put me at the top of the list of those who read way too much into our first game's results against lightly regarded Idaho thinking that all the development that we all knew in our heart of hearts would probably need every bit of our 2013 OOC schedule to develop (if we were lucky with that timeline) yet may have just not developed as soon as we'd hoped?

Sure there is still a chance for a come-back win this evening (come on, football gods, smile on us now), but come on fellow optomist, even most of us had this game penciled in as a "L" if it in deed turns into a loss, so what is new about that? We have too many on this message board who base too much on 1 game. It almost seems sophmore'ish' or kid-like to burn the Mean Green barn down to kill the mouse based on 1 game--win or lose.

:abe: Folks, it's just that we all want a winner for our team and our alma mater so gol' darn bad that we would naturally read much too much into last week's results over the Idaho Vandals. Just give us a shred of a silver lining? Well, last week Idaho gave us just that but many of us (including yours truly) turned the whole damn cloud silver based on 1 game. :(

Surely we would not be so naive as to think Ohio U's Coach Solich wouldn't have some semblance of depth to replace his injured starters since he's been at the Bobcat helm for 9 years to put such depth together so lets not forget that aspect of all this, either. Anyone else notice they didn't seem to panic all week long about their injury situation? Well, I'd bet a few of us noticed it and now we know why there was no panic. Coach Mac said he wants our program to be where Solich's has taken 9 years to get to. Last I checked Coach Mac was just beginning his 3'rd year.

if we need to make position changes then so be it....such happens every day in our work-a-day world, too, now doesn't it?

Nevertheless...win or lose tonight, I'm Mean Green (just like you) and am 'in' as to what the plan has become to start a winning program at North Texas all over again. We have to start somewhere and we all knew losing would still happen during this transition, right?

And what the heck, lets show "OUR" team we can learn what they sang in that Fox Sports SW show yesterday and sing it out louder than ever at Apogee this next Saturday? Deal?

OK, bumping the above thoughts up just one more time and adding this...

* We lost to a team that is supposed to win its MAC division.

* The MAC was the "ONLY" G5 conference that had a bowl buster last Fall, ie, an Orange Bowl busting team. For whatever reason and IMHO, the MAC has become what seems the best conference in the G5 group thus far.

* We know Coach Solich in his 9'th year at Ohio U has developed a good football program and is what Coach Mac wants UNT's to be and he "almost" started fulfilling that wish last night. I know we are tired of "almost" but we've had 8 years of not very successful football that still has us doing "almost."

* Yes, it's time to get DJW and "?" more Game Day minutes on the field because we have to not only win more games the rest of this season, but we also need to get ready for 2014, too.

* A win last night would have put DT/#7 into Mean Green hero status this morning. That was close to happening but still....no cigar. Do you feel this board can be sort of Roman mob'ish at times? Yes, 8 losing seasons in a row has probably created that, too. Still, a few seem to take pride in being just always damn negative--maybe they just like the attention?

:fpc: If we'd won last night, most of us would have been sickened with a few "Ned's" (if you will) posts this morning; that is, as they would have shown their obvious & superb propensity to be among America's greatest fickle fans because if we would have won ................their posts this AM would have had you believing they were behind DT/#7 and this Mean Green football program the whole damn time.

Just darn funny how life can be sometimes, isnt' it?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen