Do Ohio's Injuries play a factor?

Harry

Certainly you never wish for injuries and I want to beat Ohio straight up but man they really took some hits against Louisville it appears...

Pulled this off of the Bobcat Board: http://www.bobcatattack.com/messageboard/topic.asp?FromPage=1&ForumPID=6&PID=116520#FirstNew

Here is the injury situation, from what I've read:
Still recovering from surgery

Zack Murdock OL
Jake Schany WLB
Devin Jones S
Out for year
John Tanner TE (career may be over)
Davon Henry (TE)
Out for at least a few weeks
Justin Wyatt WR (ankle)
Ray Lichtenstein K (groin?)
Mark Smith #2 C/LG (hand)
Jon Lechner #1LG (shoulder)
Sam Johnson #1 RG (ankle)
Out for unknown amount
Keith Moore #1 WLB (ankle)
Lucas Powell #1 C (ankle)
Landon Smith WR (shoulder)

Losing Moore is not good, but the real problem here is the offensive line, where you've lost the starting LG, RG, and both the first and second string centers.
EDIT: Just read Akley's twitter. He thinks Powell should be ready to start, meaning Lucas at RG, and McQueen at LG. Also mentioned that Smith will be back in about 2 weeks. There is no mention of when Lechner and Johnson might return.

I'm more concerned with UNT's ability to run and complete quick passes. I think Tettleton is going to be a tough nut to crack, but the hits to the Ohio OL might be a problem for them and Blankenship. Just need UNT's DL to hang in there this week and play lights out. The MG definitely have a shot at this game.

• Upvote 1

If the Ohio board is correct and their starting C returns, that will help them a lot. Otherwise, if they are trotting out their 2nd string Guards and 3rd string Center, that is an invitation for an up-the-gut-blitzkrieg all day long. I hope UNT capitalizes.

That sounds like a Zach Orr Field Day!

Crush them!

• Upvote 3

That sounds like a Zach Orr Field Day!

Crush them!

Will wright looked as good as he ever has on Saturday. He's gotten bigger and speed has never been a problem for him. We all know what Akunne can do too. Hopefully our stud line backing core can expose these backup lineman.

And yes, being down two centers will be an interesting situation to watch.

• Upvote 1