Craig James Out - One & Done As FoxSW Analyst

MeanGreen61

Craig James was clearly discriminated against. He was asked about his view on homosexuals, and he basically passed on the question by saying, "God will judge them," as God will indeed do to all people.

how is a company that doesn't like his view on something different from a company not liking a guys appearance? if you keep yourself unkempt, you may not get hired due to your appearance. they are both judging that they don't like what a potential employee is showing.

Edited by THOR

how is a company that doesn't like his view on something different from a company not liking a guys appearance? if you keep yourself unkempt, you may not get hired due to your appearance. they are both judging that they don't like what a potential employee is showing.

So what if Craig James had been fired by Fox One because he was in favor of homosexual marriage? Still just like being fired for unkempt appearances?

No. Which part gives you difficulty?

Your legal analysis that he was "clearly discriminated against."

Under a Title VII case, CJ would have to show that his religion played a motivating factor in his firing. However, Fox could prevail by showing that they would have made the same decision even if it had not taken CJ's religion in to account. See PriceWaterhouse v. Hopkins.

Wonder what evidence Fox would have that they would have fired CJ, despite his religious views? I'm willing to bet there would be a binder full of reasons. Plaintiffs hardly ever win employment discrimination cases, especially disparate treatment cases since there is hardly any concrete evidence, or as the profs say "no smoking gun."

Also, they may have a "business necessity" defense up their sleeve if the firing was due to the statements, most TV companies don't want their host spouting off crazy ideas, bad for ratings.

He also killed five hookers you know.

Edited by Eastwood Eagle

Your legal analysis that he was "clearly discriminated against."

I'm not sure where you got that my post was intended as any kind of "legal analysis." I had no intention of commenting on the legal merits of the case, just on the facts of what happened. Which, as you probably know, don't always matter when things play out in court.

Wonder what evidence Fox would have that they would have fired CJ, despite his religious views? I'm willing to bet there would be a binder full of reasons. Plaintiffs hardly ever win employment discrimination cases, especially disparate treatment cases since there is hardly any concrete evidence, or as the profs say "no smoking gun."

They have yet to show it.

Sports is supposed to be entertainment. I tune out when entertainers use an entertainment platform to push political or religious views. My right as a consumer and broadcasters know people feel that way. Imaginary higher beings are more than welcome to judge me.

What in the world is this supposed to mean? Craig James never made any comments regarding homosexuality or homosexual "marriage" in his capacity as a sports analyst. He was asked the question when he was running for political office.

And it's not the imaginary higher beings that you need to be concerned about judging you, my friend.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Line them all up. Oh, wait, you can't. They're all imaginary, my friend. ;-)

No, I can't "line them all up" when there is actually just one?

To what do you attribute the existence of intelligent life? And please line your proposed sources all up.

Back on subject. Craig James was probably fired for being an arrogant ***.

No, he wasn't.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I'm not sure where you got that my post was intended as any kind of "legal analysis." I had no intention of commenting on the legal merits of the case, just on the facts of what happened. Which, as you probably know, don't always matter when things play out in court.

You said he was clearly discriminated against on the basis of his religious beliefs. Seems like you were commenting on the merits of the case.

No, I can't "line them all up" when there is actually just one?

To what do you attribute the existence of intelligent life? And please line your proposed sources all up.

No, he wasn't.

No one can line religious deities up...it's faith!