UNT's Derek Thompson: Heisman Hopeful?

7travis5

gallery_1_189_321233.jpg

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/71753/heisman-hopeful-qbs-stand-out-in-week-1

According to ESPN.com, Derek Thompson had the 5th highest QBR in the country last week (96.6), putting him above the likes of Jameis Winston, who dazzled the country Monday night. It is a new career high for DT (his previous being a 93.8) after going 23-27 for 349 yards in a rout of Idaho.

Now I think we can all agree it is rather unlikely that DT will win the Heisman, but this game was definitely a confidence booster both for DT and us fans. I don't know about you, but when DT got hurt, I was worried a little about the flow of the offense until he came back in. The key for next week is going to be for DT to do this again, as the key to success in sports is consistency...consistency...consistency.

This post has been promoted to an article

Edited by 7travis5
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

Real talk though.....I bet the SEC is strongly considering adding us after this past weekend.

It would be a done deal if SMU wasn't against it. For some reason the SEC lets them have a vote on membership. I think it's because so many lawyers from SMU represent former SEC players when they go on crime sprees.

• Upvote 3

Some posters here read a thread title and comment without ever actually finding out what the thread is about . . . an ESPN article mentioned DT when talking about Heisman hopeful QBs. That doesn't mean that anyone here thinks he actually has a legitimate shot. But it's pretty neat that ESPN gave him (and us) some love.

• Upvote 3