Random Week 2 UNT Quick Hits

Harry

Doesn't pretty much every HS player in Texas (with your occasion Blake Dunham-type exception) want to play for UT? But they only get to take 25 a year.

Basically, yeah. They get their pick of the litter in Texas of all states. Them and Georgia are the biggest underachieving teams in all of college football for that reason. Georgia should have been to at least one BCS national championship game by now, and Texas hasn't won 10 games in 4 years. But that's another story.

I hope we take that pass play where the qb fakes the hand off to the right and then blindly turns and throws the wide receiver screen to the left. We ran it about 6 times and the last one (by DW) almost turned into a pick 6.

I'm glad someone else noticed how close that wide receiver screen pass from DW was to being a pick 6. That is a nice play to run when the cornerback is playing off the receiver and the receiver makes the corner at least start to back-up after the snap. But I wouldn't run this play very often, especially after Ohio has seen the film and will watch for this play.

I'll be interested to see how many plays we run with a TE at the fullback spot. I would love to see some play-action passes to the TE coming out of the fullback position.

I have a feeling this will be a very close game.

Basically, yeah. They get their pick of the litter in Texas of all states. Them and Georgia are the biggest underachieving teams in all of college football for that reason. Georgia should have been to at least one BCS national championship game by now, and Texas hasn't won 10 games in 4 years. But that's another story.

Not necessarily...

Oklahoma comes into Texas and takes who they want. Every year since 2000.

Texas A&M is taking who they want.

The Longhorns are now #3 in their own state.