2013 Bowl Projections - Week 1

JKvsHimself

That would be awesome. Funny thing is, there are a ton of Iowa fans out here in AZ. I mean, there are plenty of what you'd expect, ASU, U of A, NAU and then quite a few Oregon, USC, etc. PAC-12 stuff...but what really stands out to me is that almost everywhere I go, I see Iowa stuff. That's part of why I want to get our alums to events and keep getting swag from the UNTAA. If I can get all a bunch of stickers on cars and the rest of the alums see it, we may spark some interest. How great would it be for UNT if we got a ton of Mean Green pride out here...then UNT vs. Iowa at one of the bowls in Tempe or Glendale could actually be a decent sell. Between the two schools, we probably already have about 5,000 alumni in the area. Add in those who will travel and people who just want to see a bowl game, and I could see 40K at a bowl here. I know that's not an optimal number, but eventually we will grow support enough for something like that to be an even more attractive sell to bowl committees.

Back to the original topic though...it's great that we're already getting some attention. This was definitely one of the weirder weeks in college football since I've started paying attention, and the weirdness definitely helped our cause.