Attendance

shaft

Can someone post our attendance stats for the last five years?

I have a feeling Saturday's turn out is completely in line with our averages.

I also have a feeling those complaining about attendance are horrible at stats, and enjoy uniform threads in the off-season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If UNT Promotions, Marketing, the Denton Chamber of Commerce, Denton HS Bands Association, Computer Geeks United (CGU), Catholic Charities, Baptist Relief Services, the Garden Clubs of Denton County or WHOEVER would get this part of Apogee as seen in the pic below filled for each Game Day then we would hardly have reason to discuss attendance concerns for Mean Green football in the future.

Also, because of our enormous UNT constituency and strategic location; that is, our school's locale in a very densely populated part of the North Texas Metroplex, wouldn't this really be quite do-able? (Of course, adding more season wins and consecutive winning seasons would make all this much easier, too).

What better focus for ticket sales than this one section of Apogee Stadium some call the Wing Zone? Like in sales of which some of us know a few things, sometimes you merely focus on one territory (or in our case) a stadium section rather than having another giant swath of a few words in print that say..........LET'S FILL THE ENTIRE STADIUM type of focus which we know what that and a buck will most times produce in Denton, Texas, America.

:bling:BTW, all this is also "OUR" problem, too, and not just a UNT Athletic Dept.dilemma, either, because aren't we all in this together?

I have no idea how many Family Plan Tickets For 4 they sale up there and am not ever going to ask, but if we get Denton County kids and their families in the Wing Section of Apogee Stadium much of our attendance problems would be solved; especially in light of the fact that we're now in a conference where many of our CUSA West Division foes will be bringing some traveling fans along with them to fabulous Apogee Stadium.

An Apogee Wing Zone Ticket Sales Focus!

Some will say "Why"...Others...."Why Not?" :zoro: :)

gallery_1_24_159871.jpg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

These are the final averages:

2008 - 16,956

2009 - 18,229

2010 - 17,718

2011 - 18,864

2012 - 18,927

So even if the numbers are cooked (which they aren't) then the attendance was in-line with our five year average.

The fact is our fan base is growing. MAC & RV have done a great job reaching out to the students and making Game Day part of the student experience. Putting the students first is how you grow your fan base. Students become the alumni and community that turns out. Blaming Denton (like Plumm does) is backassward.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So even if the numbers are cooked (which they aren't) then the attendance was in-line with our five year average.

The fact is our fan base is growing. MAC & RV have done a great job reaching out to the students and making Game Day part of the student experience. Putting the students first is how you grow your fan base. Students become the alumni and community that turns out. Blaming Denton (like Plumm does) is backassward.

What is backassward is someone posting something that a poster did not say. In fact, I would call it quite stupid. I am not a fan of your numerous cheap shot posts which are usually coming from the far side or beyond and are unfounded. Are you on meth or Jack Daniels when you post? When and where did I put Denton down, Einstein? In year 40 of following all this I have a pretty good handle on what and who our problems have been. And short-sighted naive fans without a clue is one of them.

Don't you ever use my name in any more of your posts. Comprende?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 1

Before you two start making out or something, let's just consider that we are rarely listened to as far as marketing and promoting ticket sales. Similar to Plumm's line, I'd like to add, "If not you, then who?" If the job isn't getting done, find a way to do it yourself. Spend $10 printing a bunch of quarter-page flyers and cut them up, call some schools and PTAs and the Chamber and ask if you can hand them out or something. Use information you found from the official page to give prices and phone numbers and such. If you're afraid of getting called out for stepping over the line, become an Alumni Ambassador. Then, if somebody tries to give you a hard time about recruiting new fans, you can appropriately say it's part of your volunteer position.

I just can't believe that you're both right, and your opinions don't countermand one another, but you're still fighting. We've been a divided fanbase for too long and have recently started to show how much we can kick ass together. If you were to team up on a project, I'd bet you could increase attendance by a few hundred per game since it's obviously a passion for both of you. And yes, I can see who started the argument, but that doesn't change the fact that you both care about the same thing and could be a great asset if you combined your efforts.