North Texas vs. Ohio Watching Party

UNT 90 Grad

we differ on what a good tap selection is. Esp in a town that has East Side and Oak St. Draft within walking distance from one another

Its pretty unfair to compare most bars to those two. It would also be pretty hard to have an official watching party at either of your examples.... one place without TV's and the other without ample indoor seating. People usually want the ability to order food at watching parties as well. I haven't been in a Hooters in five years and probably won't attend a watching party there, but I don't see any reason to fault the university for holding their watching party there.

Its pretty unfair to compare most bars to those two. It would also be pretty hard to have an official watching party at either of your examples.... one place without TV's and the other without ample indoor seating. People usually want the ability to order food at watching parties as well. I haven't been in a Hooters in five years and probably won't attend a watching party there, but I don't see any reason to fault the university for holding their watching party there.

Because Hooters is a sleazy chain and why not support local alum business?

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Rudy's would be fine by me, but outside of you just disliking hooters(I do too) it's not like it's a slam dunk better choice.

agreed on that there are very few options. I would open the club level and allow it up there with light catering and a cash bar. That way lower level MGC members get the taste of the club experience and possibly increase their level of donations.

agreed on that there are very few options. I would open the club level and allow it up there with light catering and a cash bar. That way lower level MGC members get the taste of the club experience and possibly increase their level of donations.

This all day! Get a projector and project it up on the huge wall. Charge a small fee and give people a taste of what life is like at the top. It could not hurt.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

East side social.club will.have the game on...that's the other oak street owners guys bar, but with TVs....80+brews I believe....if u can't make Oktoberfest at the pavilion, east side is a great alternative...

Sadly, I'm out of town on a last minute issue...effing hell to all things uncontrollable

I like.beer....north Texas football and that damn pavilion...hope Oktoberfest rules!!! I just want beer...

• Upvote 1

Thanks to all that came out to Fairview Down Under. Great turnout in my opinion. Other than the game outcome, I hope you enjoyed yourselves. They plan to show the Ball State game on Saturday for those not going to the game. Same drink specials, audio throughout the restaurant, projected and on multiple TVs.

• Upvote 2