North Texas vs. Ohio Watching Party

UNT 90 Grad

North Texas vs. Ohio Watching Party - For those not going to Oktoberfest, the Collin County North Texas vs. Ohio watching party will be at Fairview Down Under on 9/7 at 6pm. http://fairviewdownunder.com/ Fairview Down Under is located at The Village at Fairview, between Allen and McKinney at the northeast corner of US 75 and Stacy Road, behind the JC Penny. They have a full restaurant and bar. The game will be projected on the big screen as well as on various TVs throughout. The game audio will be piped throughout the restaurant. They will have several drink specials for Mean Green fans. They include:

· Choose from three special green shots for $3 each including

o Melon Balls

o Green Kamikazes

o Green Apples

· Buckets of Beer for $12

· Coach “Mac”tinis (Grey Goose Martinis) for $7

We will also have door prizes and a raffle.

I hope to see you there! Post here if you plan on coming!

l.jpgmed_gallery_3776_75_1770579.jpg_DSC2818-L.jpg

• Upvote 3

The MGC email today said they were having a watch party at Hooters in Denton.

That is kind of shitty since the Alumni Association is having one at their friggin' stadium.

How is this shitty? They made a deal with Hooters to be the official MGC watching party location. Oktoberfest isn't for everyone, I think options are a good thing!

• Upvote 1

Yeah, it's kind of "two sides of the same coin". On one side, you hope to consolidate everyone into one event. On the other hand, you don't want to exclude anybody or make them feel like it's your way or the highway. So I'd agree that as long as everybody is gathering, even in multiple spots, to spread North Texas spirit...well, that's certainly a far sight better than things used to be. And having multiple locations also gives some exposure to the public and draws in casual fans. It would be great if half the county wanted to visit with the Alumni, but that not being the case, let's spread out and get more people to pay attention!

• Upvote 1

OK, as one of the organizers of the Oktoberfest, I want to say that I have ZERO problem with Hooter's stepping up to host away game watching parties. I think it's great to get local businesses involved with the Mean Green and the local Hooters is managed by a member of the Mean Green nation!

The Oktoberfest is a one-time thing...Hooter's will be showing all the away games as I understand it, so no problem at all with this one week conflict. I appreciate Hooter's stepping up to support the Mean Green.

I hope folks will come out this week to the Oktoberfest and help support Scholarships for UNT students, enjoy the game (a UNT win no doubt), drink some great beers and eat some great German food...yes, even you guys in the Fairview area...the drive is not THAT far, and hey, it's Oktoberfest after-all. Ha!

What really is great here is that we are seeing various options and opportunities for folks to watch Mean green away games...not the case just a few short seasons ago. So, it's all good...attend the one you can and would like...just remember...OKTOBERFEST will be the best one! :thumbsu:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Honestly....did an 18 yr old or a pederass decide on Hooters as the spot for the MGC? Food blows and their beer selection is pitiful. I can dig on the girls and what not but everything else about that place sucks.

Hooters Beer Selection: ON Tap: Budweiser, Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light, Michelob Ultra, Shiner Bock, Blue Moon, Sam Adams Lager, Sam Adams Oktoberfest, PBR, Dos Equis, Heineken, and Guinness.

Today's Specials: $3.50 25oz Bud and Bud Light, $3.50 Sam Lager and Sam Oktoberfest Pints, $1 Jello Shots, $3 Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey Shots, $4 Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey Shots, $6 Margaritas, and $7 Ketel One Bloody Mary's.

Hooters also has and updated fall menu with loaded steak fry platters. Platters include BBQ Pulled Pork fries, Chili Cheese Fries, Southwestern Chicken Fries, and Cheeseburger Fries.

Today all fans wearing Mean Green will recieve $2 off their order.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hooters Beer Selection: ON Tap: Budweiser, Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light, Michelob Ultra, Shiner Bock, Blue Moon, Sam Adams Lager, Sam Adams Oktoberfest, PBR, Dos Equis, Heineken, and Guinness.

Today's Specials: $3.50 25oz Bud and Bud Light, $3.50 Sam Lager and Sam Oktoberfest Pints, $1 Jello Shots, $3 Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey Shots, $4 Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey Shots, $6 Margaritas, and $7 Ketel One Bloody Mary's.

Hooters also has and updated fall menu with loaded steak fry platters. Platters include BBQ Pulled Pork fries, Chili Cheese Fries, Southwestern Chicken Fries, and Cheeseburger Fries.

Today all fans wearing Mean Green will recieve $2 off their order.

Honestly that's a very good tap selection to choose from.

The MGC email today said they were having a watch party at Hooters in Denton.

That is kind of shitty since the Alumni Association is having one at their friggin' stadium.

I agree. I think it would be awesome to all be under the same roof at the alumni pavilion. At least for this one and especially since anyone can get in this go around. Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1