Idaho Attendance

MeanGreenGlory

I think opening the season at home will bring a ton of energy to Denton.

I think the team will show up ready to play and please the crowd with a solid win.

I think the 100 year celebrations will be a hit.

Question is...has the AD done enough to sell out Apogee and capitalize on it all? If we want to sell out Apogee, we market the "A" Train in conjunction with UNT football. I will have a longer and more detailed rant on this subject later.

#Hit30,000

My guestimate is: 24,600 (cooler weather and it would be more).

And I also believe the east student side will almost be full if not full.

Wonder how Family Plan sales went for the Wing Zone? If that section ever

became full for most every game our average attendance numbers would become

dramatically higher. It's the best college football ticket deal in the Metroplex for

a family of 4 so why not?

GMG!

PS: More overall interest?

Just look at so many more on GMG.com who are posting or merely

looking at posts and I think that even translates to more out there who have no idea

this forum exists. I credit all this to CUSA membership plus our UNT constituency

just keeps on getting larger, larger, larger and larger.

Addendum:

Interest once again? There have been almost 800 on this forum in the last 2 or so hours and this

has to be close to some kind of record for GMG.com. Harry?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

If North Texas were playing Texas Tech (as SMU is now on ESPN) you would see our first S.R.O. crowd of about 35,000 (give/take) or...how many more the fire marshall would allow at Apogee.

Doesn't it make you wonder why we NEVER get a marque team into Apogee?

It should,

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think opening the season at home will bring a ton of energy to Denton.

I think the team will show up ready to play and please the crowd with a solid win.

I think the 100 year celebrations will be a hit.

Question is...has the AD done enough to sell out Apogee and capitalize on it all?

#Hit30,000

Not sure it's bringing much energy to Denton outside of UNT. Have been driving and around town all week and if you didn't know there was a game tomorrow, pretty certain you wouldn't realize it being around the downtown for sure. Shocked at how little promotions there are down town with so many now living there. And to think this is a huge celebration.

• Upvote 1

28K. I've heard they had to overflow students. There's a lot of buzz around this game. Just had a random customer at work tell me he was bringing 10.

Students will be here in force. Frankly, I wouldn't even be surprised with UH level attendance.

People are football crazy right now, people are underestimating how many people want to see live football, throwback uniforms, anniversary, Worm, first game of the season...way underestimating how many people will be at this game. There's a lot of buzz.

There was plenty of people at the SMU game despite the heat.

Edited by meangreener

At my Hudson Oaks (Weatherford) Walmart, the guy behind the deli saw my Mean Green shirt the other day and he said his UNT freshman daughter and her UNT friends were fired up about going to the game at Apogee Stadium He said if he didn't have to work he would have come up for the game himself.

Do parents of UNT students still get a discount?

I think the UNT student body who will by the 2'nd quarter fill the entire east stadium will cause Idaho to have to call a couple of time outs they will get so loud.

At my Hudson Oaks (Weatherford) Walmart, the guy behind the deli saw my Mean Green shirt the other day and he said his UNT freshman daughter and her UNT friends were fired up about going to the game at Apogee Stadium He said if he didn't have to work he would have come up for the game himself.

Do parents of UNT students still get a discount?

I think the UNT student body who will by the 2'nd quarter fill the entire east stadium will cause Idaho to have to call a couple of time outs they will get so loud.

There will be good attendance on both sides.

• Upvote 1