Idaho Game Attendance: Had a dream last night

So, last night I remember my dream where I was extremely disappointed since we had horrendous attendance for tomorrow's game — probably 5k max. I know, it was a dream, but I think the reason was Labor Day weekend. I previously predicted 27k to attend but didn't account for the long weekend, so I am not expecting much over 20k this time. Hopefully I am dead wrong and we sell out and completely vandalize those vandals we're playing.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever
  • Upvote 1

I don't know what our attendance will be, but without this board I would wonder sometimes if we even had a football team. The DFW media, both print and TV, do not seem to think so. On our 100th year of football, with a game tomorrow, I have seen nothing this week in the DMN and local TV affiliates but TCU, SMU, high school and Johnny Manziel, Johnny Manziel, Johnny Manziel. I know Channel 8 was on campus one day, but I never saw them on TV. There has been nothing in the DMN about us this week but tiny "briefs," while there have been major stories on other colleges both local and national. The DRC is fine, but there are far more alumni in Dallas-Ft Worth than there are in Denton County. I don't know if this problem is fixable (winning will help) but if it is, we need to fix it.

Ragpicker, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram always has a feature on the second page of Friday's paper that lists sports on TV/radio. We didn't even make that list this morning and there must be thousands of NT alumni in Tarrant County.

Seriously?? Why did we just abandon Tarrant County?

Ragpicker, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram always has a feature on the second page of Friday's paper that lists sports on TV/radio. We didn't even make that list this morning and there must be thousands of NT alumni in Tarrant County.

Good point, Ibleedgreen. Do we even HAVE a marketing department? A sports information office? In today's DMN, for example, we are listed at the bottom of pages 8 and 9 with small Vito pieces with scant mention of either our 100th year or throwback uniforms. This is not the kind of coverage that will motivate DFW alumni to risk life, limb and sanity on the hell that is I-35 on a hot Saturday afternoon in August for a game against Idaho. My wife and I are taking the "A" Train as usual, but will have to walk or take a Pedicab back to town after the game. We always stop on Fry for fuel (beer,wine} before our final trudge to town. My wife refers to this routine as the Bataan Death March, but she is a trooper, although tonight should be a real challenge.

Yet we had good Game Day coverage with a 4 columns story by the FW Star Telegram and that by special correspondent John Henry. Anyone know John Henry?

In fact, might it be said that the FW Star Telegram gave us better Game Day coverage (with a 4 columns long story) than the Denton R/C gave TCU?

GMG!

We will have good attendance at Apogee Stadium today, but it may not all get there for much of the UNT student section until the sun is close to going down or when shadows are created.

Pretty Pleeeezzzzz.....no more 6 PM kicks in August or early September. :(

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Yet we had good Game Day coverage with a 4 columns story by the FW Star Telegram and that by special correspondent John Henry. Anyone know John Henry?

In fact, might it be said that the FW Star Telegram gave us better Game Day coverage (with a 4 columns long story) than the Denton R/C gave TCU?

GMG!

We will have good attendance at Apogee Stadium today, but it may not all get there for much of the UNT student section until the sun is close to going down or when shadows are created.

Pretty Pleeeezzzzz.....no more 6 PM kicks in August or early September. :(

I totally agree.