Why is d-line such a huge concern?

BillySee58

Not to divert attention back to our qb situation, but why is d-line such a concern? I know we weren't great there last year, but we only lost two guys.

Also, it seems like people are forgetting that we have Abbe back. We also have Boutwell who's been a starter the last two years, Lincoln who I believe is our best overall defensive lineman, McCoy and Bellazin who've contributed plenty, and a promising cast of new guys.

Finally, we kept hearing how well the defense has done early in the scrimmages and if you watched in spring the d-line was holding up well against probably our best unit, the o-line.

We're undersized, there's no denying that, but our guys aren't just getting pushed around at will. They are probably the weakest unit on our defense but it doesn't appear that they are bad enough to ruin our season on that unit alone.

• Upvote 1

It's one thing that we're not getting pushed around, it's quite another if we're not getting to the other QB.

What were our pressure stats last year?

You're right, they weren't good.

Fortunately I think we'll be improved there with Bellazin starting full time and some other guys like Polk and Lincoln getting more reps on passing downs. I also like what Sid Moore brings to the table as an inside pass rusher. We do have a lot to improve on, hopefully we do.

You're right, they weren't good.

Fortunately I think we'll be improved there with Bellazin starting full time and some other guys like Polk and Lincoln getting more reps on passing downs. I also like what Sid Moore brings to the table as an inside pass rusher. We do have a lot to improve on, hopefully we do.

Looking forward to Sid Moore, too!