UTSA recruit arrested ...

NT03

Let's not prejudge when all the facts have not yet come to light.

The prosecitor on this case didn't refuse to prosecute due to lack of evidence, and Rick Perry didn't appoint a special prosecutor who then tried to hide evidence favorable to the defense.

Kinda apples and oranges, don't you think?

Edited by UNT90

Right, cause we just don't wanna hear about this kinda thing, do we?

Well it has nothing to do with North Texas directly, so I'm not sure why it is on the main board.

If the guy is guilty of sexually assaulting the boy, then I hope he gets sentenced to fullest extent of the law.

If not, I hope his life is not impacted too much by this accusation.

The prosecitor on this case didn't refuse to prosecute due to lack of evidence, and Rick Perry didn't appoint a special prosecutor who then tried to hide evidence favorable to the defense.

Kinda apples and oranges, don't you think?

No, I don't. Innocent until proven guilty. You have very little in the way of facts at this point. Just because the process of appointing a prosecutor is different does not change the fact that, until proven otherwise and convicted by a jury of his peers, this young man is innocent. You spent a lot of time lecturing everyone about this point, and it is the same. Just because you have a different opinion of the crime doesn't change the nature of the laws in this country.

• Upvote 5

No, I don't. Innocent until proven guilty. You have very little in the way of facts at this point. Just because the process of appointing a prosecutor is different does not change the fact that, until proven otherwise and convicted by a jury of his peers, this young man is innocent. You spent a lot of time lecturing everyone about this point, and it is the same. Just because you have a different opinion of the crime doesn't change the nature of the laws in this country.

UNT90 is a bit of a loose constructionist.

The process is not "different." It was "different" because the Florida governor made it "different."

And yes, you are innocent until proven guilty.this kid will have his day on court, but young children rarely lie about sexual abuse, and when they do, it is usually because a parent is telling them to, and the lie is VERY easy to detect.

Why? Because kids can't maintain a lie. Any parent will tell you that.

I just hope that those who read this will believe their child if she/he ever confides abuse in that parent. I also hope the patent reports the abuse and let's a professional investigation happen.

And remember, you are committing a crime if you fail to report, and most likely dooming your child to emotional problems when they reach an age where they can fully comprehend what happened to them.

Edited by UNT90