UNT QB Dajon Williams HS Video

Harry

Grow up Harry. I know everyone's fav player is the backup QB, but this is getting obscene.

But think of all the excuses we could use if he is the starter - " he's just a freshman " , " give him time to learn the system " , " we will be so much better next season " , " we are a young team ! "...

• Upvote 1

My point is if a 3 year starter and the number 15 QB recruit in the nation get beat out by Dajon, we just might have a problem.

Now, I do understand the opposite side of that coin. We might have something special. But come on. Really? We should all hope we don't need to burn his shirt this year, since we are supposed to have the pieces in place at that position for the next couple of years.

Completely agree

My point is if a 3 year starter and the number 15 QB recruit in the nation get beat out by Dajon, we just might have a problem.

Now, I do understand the opposite side of that coin. We might have something special. But come on. Really? We should all hope we don't need to burn his shirt this year, since we are supposed to have the pieces in place at that position for the next couple of years.

Hate to tell you this, but we DO have a problem.

In today's college football, freshmen play all the time. Even at QB. If he's the best, play him.

You guys drive me crazy. You say we have to win now but want to stash players for tomorrow. Y'all make up y'all's mind.

• Upvote 1

It's simple. A guy who is entering his THIRD year as a starter under Mac, and who is a senior, hasn't separated himself from the pack. That's the definition of "everything is not hunky dory". I don't think a freshman should be our starter, but I do have to ask if we have a viable option to be our starter.

This season is gonna need all the sunshine pumping that some of you can muster.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He has nice touch on his passes, but those DB's look horrible.

I think it's natural to give good positive reinforcement to a young recruit so he may see the light at the end of the tunnel and know he may contribute sooner than later, which may also prevent thoughts of transferring. I think Dajon is very good, but he will redshirt this year to put on muscle and learn more unless we are plagued by injuries. I hope we can jump on Idaho early to get the others into the game for experince.

GMG

• Upvote 1