Article on Potential UNT Recruit Tre Betts, DB - Sand Springs, OK

North Texas is in the driver's seat in the race to get a commitment from Tre Betts.

"They offered back in May," Betts said. "On July 26 I went to their camp and liked the atmosphere there. I had been liking North Texas since they first started recruiting me.

"Their coaching staff is old school, which would fit me well. I liked everything about the campus - the dorms and practice field. Also my family and friends won't have to travel far to watch me if I go to North Texas because I'll be right there."

Betts added more details about his relationship with the Mean Green's staff.

"Coach (Noah) Joseph and I talk every three days," he said. "I really like that. North Texas is out in front by themselves, but I don't know when I'll make my decision because I want to make sure it's the right one.

"I might wait it out until the season's over...I'll commit when it feels right."

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1314624.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Seems like he may be waiting for a "big" offer, but so far it's looking promising. Would be a good get for UNT. Hopefully the early relationship with the coaching staff convinces him to commit, regardless of other commitments he may get. Also mentions he may wait until the end of the season, so a winning season would really help recruiting-wise for athletes like him who need that extra time.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever
  • Upvote 1