Update on UNT OL target Christian Beard

Harry

Christian Beard was set to head to the Dallas area for his college football career after his senior year at Waco Midway this fall.

At this point, he is seriously considering heading a little farther north than his original destination — SMU — to play for UNT.

UNT has been in contact with Beard throughout the recruiting process. Beard originally committed to play for the Mustangs, but backed out of that commitment and has been thinking more and more about playing for the Mean Green.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/08/christian-beard-update.html/

I am pretty confident we will land this recruit. Hopefully I am right and it helps us keep our strong momentum going! I am also hoping we get DT D.J. Williams from Lufkin as that would really start setting this class apart as something special. For now, I hope Mr. Beard's prospect materializes into a serious commitment and that we continue filling up our spots with other strong recruits. GMG!

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know anything about DJ Williams' recruitment? Everyone seems to be mentioning him a lot lately as the top prospect who we have a shot at. Is this just optimism because we have offered and are doing well in recruiting or has anyone read anything about his recruitment that is positive for us?

Not trying to put us down right now, I'm just curious. Here's his 247 page.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/DJ-Williams-29836/RecruitInterests

He has 4 crystal ball predictions and they're all for OU. Basically 4 insiders on the website have predicted that if he were to sign right now it'd be for OU. It also has his interest in us listed as cool while he has 8 other schools listed as warm, which includes 3 schools (Baylor, UT, and Tech) who haven't offered him yet.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone know anything about DJ Williams' recruitment? Everyone seems to be mentioning him a lot lately as the top prospect who we have a shot at. Is this just optimism because we have offered and are doing well in recruiting or has anyone read anything about his recruitment that is positive for us?

He has 4 crystal ball predictions and they're all for OU. Basically 4 insiders on the website have predicted that if he were to sign right now it'd be for OU. It also has his interest in us listed as cool while he has 8 other schools listed as warm, which includes 3 schools (Baylor, UT, and Tech) who haven't offered him yet.

he has been brought up but people are also bringing up another Williams, the DT from Denton.

• Upvote 1

Christian is a great kid from a great family. He's an outstanding football player - just watch his film!! Unfortunately it sounds like SMU didn't stand by the offer they gave him which is to our benefit.

Christian is a great kid from a great family. He's an outstanding football player - just watch his film!! Unfortunately it sounds like SMU didn't stand by the offer they gave him which is to our benefit.

Their loss our gain...wonder if SMU had another position need for this to have happened to this fine, young talent?

GMG!

I have mentioned him as part of my "wish list." Not sure how much of a chance we have, but I would feel better if we would sic Marcus Trice on him. I would also mentioned the fact that OU signed 4 DT's last year.

I have mentioned him as part of my "wish list." Not sure how much of a chance we have, but I would feel better if we would sic Marcus Trice on him. I would also mentioned the fact that OU signed 4 DT's last year.

Yeah, he's a good who we should and need to pull out all the stops to get. Unfortunately OU isn't our only team that we need to make up ground against here. Miami and Missouri have themselves in good position here as well.

he has been brought up but people are also bringing up another Williams, the DT from Denton.

Yeah, JT Williams from Ryan is a little more realistic. I'm just talking about DJ Williams who seems like a longshot. I'm seeing if there's any merit as to whether or not we have gained any ground with DJ or if he's as good as gone.