3 North Texas players in tonights all-star game

IslandEagle

Two are playing for the North, including 300 lb. Defensive Tackle Trevor Melugin of Prosper and 6-3 230 lb OLB Andy Flusche from Muenster.

For the South is WR signee Kidsy Darvin, who I consider to be one of the "steals" of the signing class and who I expect to have a great game tonight, if the North QB can get the ball to him.

It's live on Fox Sports SW.

I apologize if this info. has already been posted.

• Upvote 1

Of course, the Texas Rangers would go into extra innings delaying my watching of this Texas HS all star game, dammit!

Sorry, Ranger fans, but I stopped caring about MLB after their first strike and now....I'd rather watch grass grow than sit in a baseball stadium in Arlington, Texas, in 100 plus degree heat. What dumb-arses who built that stadium w/o a retractable dome.

Addendum: Any more highlights from our UNT-to-be football players for those of you who watched the game live?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I'd rather watch women's college softball than pro baseball. I mean, who came up with the idea of performance enhancing drugs for guys who mostly stand around? I guess that following the Rangers for years, then giving up on them when they traded rookie phenom Sammy Sosa for 5 guys whose names noboby can remember makes me a fair weather fan. Still, it kinda makes me reluctant to give up on a team just because they aren't winning right now.

Watched until halftime, so here's my 2 cents. Flusche rotated in at DE, was pretty active & recovered a fumble. Was always one of the first if not the first one downfield on punts & kickoffs. Looks like he would benefit with a redshirt year. Melugin played OL, looked like he held his own but it was hard to tell from the camera angles. Kidsy made some nice catches, might be able to help us this season.

• Upvote 1

Kidsy had 6 catches and a td. Had his man beat bad on two long ones, but the throws were off. Went up and showed off that state high jumping ability, but the throw was out of bounds. He looked good. Not sure how much unt is going to throw, but if they open the offense up, he could make a big impact.

Kidsy had 6 catches and a td. Had his man beat bad on two long ones, but the throws were off. Went up and showed off that state high jumping ability, but the throw was out of bounds. He looked good. Not sure how much unt is going to throw, but if they open the offense up, he could make a big impact.

kidsy will definitely be a good addition this year.

• Upvote 1

Watched until halftime, so here's my 2 cents. Flusche rotated in at DE, was pretty active & recovered a fumble. Was always one of the first if not the first one downfield on punts & kickoffs. Looks like he would benefit with a redshirt year. Melugin played OL, looked like he held his own but it was hard to tell from the camera angles. Kidsy made some nice catches, might be able to help us this season.

I watched some of this game and came away wondering if Flusche won't come off of his redshirt year as a DE. He has the frame to play around 250 with his height. Kidsy was impressive. Hope the young man from Prosper can help out on the DL.

Two are playing for the North, including 300 lb. Defensive Tackle Trevor Melugin of Prosper and 6-3 230 lb OLB Andy Flusche from Muenster.

For the South is WR signee Kidsy Darvin, who I consider to be one of the "steals" of the signing class and who I expect to have a great game tonight, if the North QB can get the ball to him.

It's live on Fox Sports SW.

I apologize if this info. has already been posted.

????? This is the first time that I heard about this young man. Can anyone who is in the know, provide some info?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sounds like he got some good experience of what it will be like playing with DT!

• Upvote 1

At receiver we have: probably our best offensive weapon and fastest player in Brelan Chancellor, two players who had productive first years with us last year in Harris and Darnell Smith, new guys who've looked good so far in Darius Terrell and Skip Caldwell, and a stud true freshman in Darvin Kidsy.

Throw in a true pass-catching threat out of the backfield (Jimmerson), a group of tight ends that the coaches are very high on, and an above average blocking o-line. No excuses for lack of production in the passing game or lack of scoring.

At receiver we have: probably our best offensive weapon and fastest player in Brelan Chancellor, two players who had productive first years with us last year in Harris and Darnell Smith, new guys who've looked good so far in Darius Terrell and Skip Caldwell, and a stud true freshman in Darvin Kidsy.

Throw in a true pass-catching threat out of the backfield (Jimmerson), a group of tight ends that the coaches are very high on, and an above average blocking o-line. No excuses for lack of production in the passing game or lack of scoring.

My thoughts as well. I am tired of posts and articles from BV that indicate that we have no offensive threats besides Chancellor and Jimmy. Did anyone watch... or remember the spring game? The best player that came out of it was Darnell Smith hands down. Dude caught everything thrown in his general direction. We saw limited play time for Harris but he did fantastic once he saw the field (esp ULM).

My thoughts as well. I am tired of posts and articles from BV that indicate that we have no offensive threats besides Chancellor and Jimmy. Did anyone watch... or remember the spring game? The best player that came out of it was Darnell Smith hands down. Dude caught everything thrown in his general direction. We saw limited play time for Harris but he did fantastic once he saw the field (esp ULM).

Right. Darnell Smith did nothing but make plays and find a way to get open in the second half of the season. Same for Harris. Now that they have some experience under their belt I expect them to be even better. And yes, judging from spring they have improved.