College football countdown | No. 39: Ohio

10Eagle10

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/mac/2013/07/30/ohio-college-football-countdown-2013-preview/2598809/

IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING

Where Ohio fans hang out: Bobcat Attack is, and has been for years now, the best place to talk Ohio sports. Jason Arkley, who you can also follow on Twitter, covers Ohio sports for The Athens Messenger.

All-name team nominee: CB Blake Scipio.

2013 TEAM OVERVIEW

Conference: MAC, East

Nickname: Bobcats

Returning starters: 14 (8 offense, 6 defense)

Last year's ranking: No. 26

2012 record: 9-4 (4-4)

Last year's re-ranking: No. 53

2013 schedule:

Sept. 1 at Louisville

Sept. 7 North Texas

Sept. 14 Marshall

Sept. 21 Austin Peay

Oct. 5 at Akron

Oct. 12 Central Michigan

Oct. 19 at Eastern Michigan

Oct. 26 Miami (Ohio)

Nov. 5 at Buffalo

Nov. 12 at Bowling Green

Nov. 19 Kent State

Nov. 29 Massachusetts

Often thought the MAC got a much better rankings push from the media in their footprint than even C-USA has in past years.

The Sun Belt Conference is not even on the radar screen of the Top 25 voting media and was one big reason I thought our school should get out of it as soon as we could and that mainly.......... to get in a conference that when we had a good team that team would have a good chance of getting Top 25 rankings. 4 bowl teams last decade to my knowledge (and I stand to be corrected) but as I recall our school didn't even receive Top 25 votes (although we should have). I think Top 25 votes (not rankings) are all Arkansas State and ULaLa's fine football programs are only getting even now.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen