2013 Attendance

I would not wear the greek letters and keep the beer. But then again, I never was the poster child on how to be a great greek.

Yeah, obviously back in my time, the rules were much more lax than they are now, but there were still rules because of liability insurance. We went to great lengths to avoid having our fraternity parties be legally branded as fraternity parties. You could wear the letters at lunch or something. If booze was around, we were just a bunch of random, plain clothes wearing guys who happened to be in the same room at the same time.

• Upvote 1

I would not wear the greek letters and keep the beer. But then again, I never was the poster child on how to be a great greek.

Me, either.

It will be interesting to see if they choose their fraternity letters over the almighty college God that is alcohol.

The schedule does not seem attendance friendly, if we don't have some major wining our attendance will dwindle.

A labor day weekend start likely won't help us at North Texas,

A 3:00 pm Ball State Game could be bad also, early games in September compete with all kiddo sports

A Thursday Night Halloween game probably won't help anything either

We better hope for a winning and perfect weather season

And for a topper we play Middle Who? on October 12, you would think we would learn to leave TX-OU weekend alone.

I hope Texas San Antonio travels well, maybe our biggest turn out.

I too wondered how Labor Day travel may impact the opener, but I think kicking off the home slate with an empty loss column for the first time since '09 will balance out the holiday concerns.

With a winning record, the Halloween game will take care of itself. One of my strongest memories was a home 10/30 game in '03 vs. Troy. Costumes at Fouts and a winning team...great time.

The schedule does not seem attendance friendly, if we don't have some major wining our attendance will dwindle.

A labor day weekend start likely won't help us at North Texas,

A 3:00 pm Ball State Game could be bad also, early games in September compete with all kiddo sports

A Thursday Night Halloween game probably won't help anything either

We better hope for a winning and perfect weather season

And for a topper we play Middle Who? on October 12, you would think we would learn to leave TX-OU weekend alone.

I hope Texas San Antonio travels well, maybe our biggest turn out.

Didn't even look to see that Ball St. was a 3pm game. That hurts. I guess it's what you have to do to be on TV.

I'll never understand our obsession with home games on Texas-OU day. I know we can't control conference schedules, but it seems we have gotten screwed the last 3 years with this.

Let's all hope for mild November weather and enough wins to keep people interested.

UTSA will be about 0-9 when we see them, so I would expect them to bring about 10 fans to our game.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

I am not sure why anyone thinks they will bring fans, regardless of record. I think UTSA fans at Apogee is a total myth, wishful thinking. Same with UTEP for that matter.

As many of us have said ad nauseum, NT fans must stop counting on other schools to fill our stadium.

I am not counting on it, only hoping, I feel this schedule will be hard on us unless we are really winning.

I am not sure why anyone thinks they will bring fans, regardless of record. I think UTSA fans at Apogee is a total myth, wishful thinking. Same with UTEP for that matter.

As many of us have said ad nauseum, NT fans must stop counting on other schools to fill our stadium.

I tend to agree with you on UTSA, but UTEP has always brought good crowds to SMU and TCU, since a lot of their fans live here or have family and friends here. UTEP will be a good conference mate.

Edited by untjim1995

Agree with the earlier posts that say winning is the key, not our entry into CUSA. When Apogee opened, most thought that would be the ticket to increased attendence but of course that did not happen.

In fact, given our dismal record of the past decade, it is very remarkable we get as many fans as we do. Is there any other school with a record as bad as ours that draws similar attendence numbers?