La Tech's AD

untjim1995

I was listening to Tim Brando's College Football show this morning and he had the new La Tech AD on. Brando asked him about the Division 4 possibility and what he thought about it. His response was that he understands where they are coming from and that all he wants to focus on is how to make La Tech better as an athletic department. "That's all we can do because its really out of our control.", he said. He then said, "When I was at McNeese State, I will tell you that the FCS playoffs was the best thing, since it gave us a chance to win a championship, not just some bowl game. I think the same type of thing could be done here, too, if the separation occurs, to give us a chance to still win a championship"

I think the writing is on the wall now. Its just a matter of when it gets setup and how it goes from there.

For those of you who were around Denton back in the early 80s, what was it like before the i-aa fiasco got dropped on us? Were you prepared for waht was about to occur? Did it even register with you or were you thinking this might help the program to be competitive? I've always wondered how that announcement of the eventual separation was made and how it was received by North Texas fans and the community in Denton.

Edited by untjim1995