The first GMG.com softball game is tomorrow!

untcampbell

While smack to this point has been limited, on the eve of the first GMG.com co-ed softball game to raise funds for NT softball, I ask the sainted White team to UNiTe, to be ready to play all seven (we are down to eleven players), and to get head right with ball, as you mentally prepare for a most awesome victory over the hated Green team.

We are 11...brothers and sisters glove to glove.

I have heard from Emmitt01, NT03, rws69, Green Crazy, curtisdaa and UNT90. We lost a female, with the devastating news that Wendy was called into work tomorrow.

O-Fresh, LImbs, David, Rudy? We need you! Email me this evening at untcampbell@gmail.com, if you get a chance.

By the way, I have a reasonably usable extra glove, if anyone needs one.

Please bring your wallet...make a bid on a silent auction item, enter the home run derby (winner splits the pot with our benefactor), pay your entry fee, buy a beverage. And please kids, if you signed up and can't make the game, please make sure we get your money. Commissioner KRAM fronted the money for the shirts, and we can't leave the man hanging (unless it is on a zip line).

Can't wait to step on the vaunted Lovelace Stadium natural grass...go White!

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Game On! Let's do this...see everyone at the field shortly. Looking forward to a fun event!

Just think...you can all tell your grand kids and great grand kids that you were there at the first ever GoMeanGreen World Series of Softball event and you have the T-Shirt to prove it...please wash it between now and then if you want your grand kids to even get close to it!

Humbly, the White team had too much to overcome under the burden of the coaching.

Really enjoyed this outing, meeting a few new friends, eating a BBQ sandwich prepared by the great Dale and playing under the tutelage of Commissioner Mark (who made the call on the Grand Slam by Carey). Also appreciate all who bid on silent auction items.

My favorite moment: White team SS Emily, who played WBB at NT as an OU transfer, comes to the plate and jacks one...foul by inches. Both Emily and Limbs came to play, and were stars for the white team.

Rules I would reconsider: Start with 1 strike, no balls (quiet, you). If a male walks with a female next up, give the female the option to hit.

Very much appreciate all who came out and donated money to support the softball team.

Sadly there was no announcement about the new coach, but a nice foundation has been laid by Coach Hubbard, with plenty of upside ahead.

Thanks to all.

GMG

• Upvote 2

average weight of white team player - 170lbsaverage weight of green team player - 210lbsBut I'm not bitter...Plus the white team had the liability of me...

So...you are saying that the white team was faster? :-)

• Upvote 1