Wanna' Go Back 2 School? UNT's New Union Video with...

...YouTube video music background by our internationally famous--multi-Grammy nominated UNT O'Clock Lab Band.

Song: Hip Pickles
Composer: Lou Marini, Jr. (UNT 1 o'clock alum and Lou is the sax player on top of diner bar in Blues Brothers movie/Akrowd/Belushi)
Performed By: One O'Clock Lab Band
Director: Steve Weist, UNT College of Music

Our UNT leaders are going to make it to where recruits will want to come to UNT for even more reasons
than just to use their scholarship-worthy talents on the competitive fields and venues of battle with varsity football, basketball, track & field, men & womens tennis, womens softball and volleyball, future men's varsity baseball, etc, etc...

This video blew me away and shows how enormous our new UNT union will be when finished.

Also looks like UNT athletics will get some very nice full blown action pics inside the Union once finished.

Unbelievable...

GMG! Edited by Harry
  • Upvote 2

I Remember when the One 'Clock played in front of the old UB every Thursday afternoon and the entire campus would gather to listen. As I've mentioned before, I will offer a Plumm type missive on the old UBs and lost traditions as soon as I can put it together.

I Remember when the One 'Clock played in front of the old UB every Thursday afternoon and the entire campus would gather to listen. As I've mentioned before, I will offer a Plumm type missive on the old UBs and lost traditions as soon as I can put it together.

Well, r-p, I've always said brevity is the soul of someone who just doesn't have too much to say. :)

When I arrived on campus as a UNT student in January, 1972, the Union we have now remodeling project had begun as I recall.

I do hope on one of the larger walls at our upcoming Super Union will be a photo collage of all our famous UNT alums and musicians. That would still be for many quite an attention-grabber.

• Upvote 1

Well, r-p, I've always said brevity is the soul of someone who just doesn't have too much to say. :)

When I arrived on campus as a UNT student in January, 1972, the Union we have now remodeling project had begun as I recall.

I do hope on one of the larger walls at our upcoming Super Union will be a photo collage of all our famous UNT alums and musicians. That would still be for many quite an attention-grabber.

Great idea on the photo wall, PlummMeanGreen, and lets not forget Joan Blondell and Ann Sheridan who were both major female stars in their day (30's and 40's}and are Hollywood legends.
  • Upvote 2

Great idea on the photo wall, PlummMeanGreen, and lets not forget Joan Blondell and Ann Sheridan who were both major female stars in their day (30's and 40's}and are Hollywood legends.

Saw UNT and Denton's Joan "Rosebud" Blondell in what was one of her last roles before leukemia took her from us, ie, "Grease" with John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John. Ms. Blondell played the waitress in the malt shop, of course. She was actually born in New York City, but she and family got smart and moved to Texas (like the rest of most all our ancestors did at some point).

Good Lordy', in the video look at all the major male stars of old Hollywood our fellow UNT alum starred with. Did that lady ever have some beautiful eyes or what? She also had a bod' on her that she was never too shy to show to the camera lense.

I remember as a kid watching her on TV in the 50's and 60's when they had all but made a comedienne of her but she was good at that, too. IN fact, she was good at anything that she wanted to be good at I suppose.

A Blondell'ism......."There's a very fine line between underacting and not acting at all. And not acting is what a lot of actors are guilty of. It amazes me how some of these little numbers with dreamy looks and a dead pan are getting away wit it. I'd hate to see them on stage with a dog act."
- Joan Blondell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNG7-2Ausis

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Saw UNT and Denton's Joan "Rosebud" Blondell in what was one of her last roles before leukemia took her from us, ie, "Grease" with John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John. Ms. Blondell played the waitress in the malt shop, of course. She was actually born in New York City, but she and family got smart and moved to Texas (like the rest of most all our ancestors did at some point).

Good Lordy', in the video look at all the major male stars of old Hollywood our fellow UNT alum starred with. Did that lady ever have some beautiful eyes or what? She also had a bod' on her that she was never too shy to show to the camera lense.

I remember as a kid watching her on TV in the 50's and 60's when they had all but made a comedienne of her but she was good at that, too. IN fact, she was good at anything that she wanted to be good at I suppose.

A Blondell'ism......."There's a very fine line between underacting and not acting at all. And not acting is what a lot of actors are guilty of. It amazes me how some of these little numbers with dreamy looks and a dead pan are getting away wit it. I'd hate to see them on stage with a dog act."

- Joan Blondell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNG7-2Ausis

Great stuff Plumm. Check out her pose straddling the chair on Wikepedia in the pre-sensor days of Hollywood. Now thats a picture I would like to see on the photo wall you suggested.

Has construction started on this yet?

I was in the Union on Tuesday and nothing was different. There was some construction behind the ISB, but it was hard to tell what it was.

Did you notice the whole slew of construction around the peripheral edges of campus? Where the temporary buildings/structures for The Chat, Bookstore, Dance & Theatre, and Counseling, etc. are being put in right now? Those have to be completed and their programs and offices moved before anything substantial can start on the Union.