THIS is why we need to win now

emmitt01

This is a quote from Hal Mumme, new assistant at SMU for this season...

"We want to lead the nation in passing, that's for sure," Mumme said. "We want to win a whole bunch of games. What's the name of our conference? We want to win that."

He doesn't even know the name of the AAC. For, at least, the first year neither will 90% of Americans/Texans. Nobody will open up the DMN looking for AAC standings...and they damn sure won't be looking for them in the Houston, Austin, Fort Worth etc papers. When ESPN advertises an epic AAC tilt the average viewer will say "FCS football?"

We have to win this year for any of this to matter though. If we go bowling (or, dare I say it, win the league) from CUSA it will perk up far more ears. We need to take advantage of the lack of brand recognition that SMU and Houston will suffer through in the early going.

*Cue Cougar Queen and his rant about how people outside of the Houston ghetto care about the Cougars.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Oh look, another thread where Emmitt thinks my name is a p**** which he obviously can't keep out of his mouth.

We know what we need to do and that's win and try to snag the AAC's AQ bid. Also, until you actually sell out Apogee (which will most likely not happen anytime soon.) you can't talk about people not caring about any team ESPECIALLY when those in that hipster town don't give a damn about the Eagles/Mean Green

Inb4 Meatloaf joke

Inb4 Emmitt calls me CougarQueen again

Inb4 Somebody posts a stupid GIF, meme or picture

Inb4 Emmitt goes full retard...oh wait

Inb4 PlummMeanGreen writes another novel and uses colored font

Inb4 PlummMeanGreen tells us another boring story from the 60s which isn't anywhere near relevant today

Inb4 MeanGreener calls me the devil

Inb4 somebody says "ignore is your friend"

Inb4 people start arguing

Inb4 people claim the only way to win is with Berglund

Inb4 Thompson throws another interception before we get to page 2

^Every recent GMG thread in a nutshell.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

Yet you guys got wrecked by them in back to back years. Plus they lost to Texas State.

At the end of the day, this pissing contest is pointless. Neither of you stack up to TCU.

See, at least you're a true troll. Cougar king only posts on here because he can't walk away taking the retaliation that comes from being a troll. He keeps posting acting like he has attained some level of respect as a rival poster. No one respects either of you, but that's not why you post on here.

Oh look, another thread where Emmitt thinks my name is a p**** which he obviously can't keep out of his mouth.

We know what we need to do and that's win and try to snag the AAC's AQ bid. Also, until you actually sell out Apogee (which will most likely not happen anytime soon.) you can't talk about people not caring about any team ESPECIALLY when those in that hipster town don't give a damn about the Eagles/Mean Green

Inb4 Meatloaf joke

Inb4 PlummMeanGreen tells us another boring story from the 60s which isn't anywhere near relevant today

Shouldn't you be studying for summer school little boy? I genuinely want you to avoid failin out of a second school.

And it's interesting that your initial response went straight to male genitalia. Some would call that a "Freudian slip". I call it a brave, very important, first step out of that 3rd ward closet.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I was on the TCU campus today saw one of your froggie statue-ettes, unzipped it and pee'd on that frog

Yet you guys got wrecked by them in back to back years. Plus they lost to Texas State.

At the end of the day, this pissing contest is pointless. Neither of you stack up to TCU.

And the need for someone you'd think would be comfortable in his TCU Froggie skin to come over here is? ? ? ? ? ?

You know, FroggieStyle, that the University of North Texas is a giant, ominous shadow that will always cast a shadow over your small private school over there on Berry Street whether we play each other or not (and we all know the only times TCU would ever schedule North Texas in the past half century, now don't we)? And for TCU that giant shadow begins on Camp Bowie Boulevard at the University of North Texas Health Science Center.

TCU can only give out 30 scholarships most recruiting seasons and about 161,000 play Texas HS football. You do the math; that means there will be plenty to go around for schools like UNT, SMU, UTEP, UTSA, Rice and even UH.

GMG!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

In before the Big XII makes you irrelevant again. Now go bail your QB out of jail.

• Upvote 3

North Texas must be doing something right, otherwise fans of TCU and Houston wouldn't be on here trolling. TCU made it to the Big 12. Good for them. I don't really know why one of their fans cares about what UNT is doing.

Houston on the other hand is just another wannabe. I know I don't cares about their years in the SWC, and like it or not the AAC is a G5 conference. Some fans like Cougar King need to accept the fact that the AAC and C-USA are at the same level of college football. The Big East they were promised is gone.

I've been saying this all season. This is a MUST WIN season. No exception. The AAC has laughable name recognition and will get blasted in the media. CUSA has way better brand recognition. Must win. Now.

Cougar Queen, when have I ever called you the devil? You are, however, a UNT dropout who transferred to community college.

TCU? TCU is so irrelevant. Should've stayed in the MWC. Drug addict team.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Inb4 Meatloaf joke

Mom, meatloaf....

Actually, the girls at UNT lay waste to what I have seen at TCU. Can't speak for the girls at Houston but it couldn't be worse than TCU. Actually, I'd like to hear Cougar King's assessment on the talent down there. Not a comparison or argument, just scenery analysis.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Actually, the girls at UNT lay waste to what I have seen at TCU. Can't speak for the girls at Houston but it couldn't be worse than TCU. Actually, I'd like to hear Cougar King's assessment on the talent down there. Not a comparison or argument, just scenery analysis.

Woah woah! Slow your roll chief. I love me some UNT girls, especially my girl, but TCU girls are gorgeous. I've seen them consistently ranked high up in lists of the hottest co-eds in the country.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Woah woah! Slow your roll chief. I love me some UNT girls, especially my girl, but TCU girls are gorgeous. I've seen them consistently ranked high up in lists of the hottest co-eds in the country.

Just so I can get a fair assessment of your judging criteria, are we talking pre or post op?

• Upvote 3

I am not saying they don't have talent. Assuming half their students are female, there would be what, 5000 girls? On average most girls are not considered attractive in my opinion. Statistically speaking they would have far less attractive girls by numbers. Not to mention I walked around their campus recently and we discussed the lack of talent. Maybe just bad luck.

Either way with a few beers you don't turn down nothing but your collar. Unless we are talking morbid obesity that is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

North Texas must be doing something right, otherwise fans of TCU and Houston wouldn't be on here trolling. TCU made it to the Big 12. Good for them. I don't really know why one of their fans cares about what UNT is doing.

Houston on the other hand is just another wannabe. I know I don't cares about their years in the SWC, and like it or not the AAC is a G5 conference. Some fans like Cougar King need to accept the fact that the AAC and C-USA are at the same level of college football. The Big East they were promised is gone.

Um...the AAC is still a BCS conference this year and if we have another season like 2007, an undefeated AAC team will get a title shot. Therefore not a equal conference and even when 2014 gets here, CUSA and the AAC STILL won;t be equal.

USF >>>>>>> FIU no comparison

UCF >>>>>>>FAU also no comparison

Memphis >>>>>>>> Middle Tennessee (this has to be by far the worst directional name of them all)

SMU >>>> UNT

Houston >>>>>>>>> UTSA (We have SWC lineage, Heisman trophy winners, history, Case Keeum, David Klingler and so on)

Cincy >>>>>>>> USM (We didn't want that hick Mississippi school contaminating our conference)

UCONN >>>>>>>>>> Marshall no comparison

ECU >>>>>>>> Charlotte (Pirates bring 50k to a game no matter the opponent)

Tulsa >>>>>> UTEP (We didn't want trash like UTEP either)

Tulane >>>> Rice (Ruck Fice!)

Navy >>>> ODU (Like UTSA, they have good potential but is still some unproven FCS moveup in our eyes)

Temple >>>>>>>> UAB (lmao, let's us not even go there with this one)

If you truly think this conference is even anywhere close to being equal, then you need to get your head checked.

And please, no irrelevant stories from so long ago, my grandparents were in high school.

damn

sexy-gif-005.gif

These types of GIFs are fine!

Not really much to write home about. UNT has better girls than those on Cullen. That being said, it's a helluva lot better than what's at Rice. (Not that's anything to brag about)

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 3

Oh, I agree that the AAC will still be a bit relevant this year. But if the predictions about the best being offered by BCS conferences soon are right, and the AAC can't swing a way to regain the automatic bid, I would expect to see some decent performers from CUSA and MWC being offered to join in order to replace them. So the AAC will look even more like the old CUSA, which would of course lead to the new CUSA looking even more like the old SunBelt.

So really the only questions (that none of us can answer for certain) are whether top AAC schools will be offered a chance to join BCS conferences, and if so, whether they will still have enough leverage in terms of TV and bowl money, etc. to create an attractive enough package for other mid-majors to switch over.

These are really moot points and questions for now since the AAC might have a really good 2013 and since all we can do is wait to see what else happens (if anything) with future moves and realignment, because if it doesn't happen soon then the AAC will probably solidify, at least for a while.

• Upvote 1