Prepare to carry me back to my room

emmitt01

Yep. Did it today. I guessing Spirit? Cheapest out there.

Yes. It saved me about $95 to book the hotel and flights together. Granted, Spirit will charge me $45 for a carry on but I still come out ahead...plus the flight times aren't at the crack of dawn like Southwest's cheap flights.

• Upvote 1

Yes. It saved me about $95 to book the hotel and flights together. Granted, Spirit will charge me $45 for a carry on but I still come out ahead...plus the flight times aren't at the crack of dawn like Southwest's cheap flights.

Overnight ship your luggage. Bet you can do it cheaper than $45.

• Upvote 2

I think it's $30 if you pre-purchase it through their website.

• Upvote 1

$30 pre-purchase

$50 Kiosk check-in

$100 at the gate

I realize that with careful planning, you can ultimately save money flying a la carte like this, but lord it pisses me off to get dinged at every corner. I'd much, much rather just pay one fee, go to the freaking airport, and fly to my destination. The extra $50-$100 is worth the lack of headache to me.

• Upvote 2

I realize that with careful planning, you can ultimately save money flying a la carte like this, but lord it pisses me off to get dinged at every corner. I'd much, much rather just pay one fee, go to the freaking airport, and fly to my destination. The extra $50-$100 is worth the lack of headache to me.

Look at you, Mr Moneybags.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If anyone comes across any good travel deals for the Tulane/New Orleans game please post them here. After studying the schedule I think the Tulane game may be the most important one on the schedule for us next year...just hoping to hades we don't pull a Troy...

plus it's the last non bowl chance to watch a game there. I expect a lot of our fans will be making that trip.

a bottle of water will also cost you $3 on board.

If you are prepared i.e. know what you are getting into with them and the trip is short like a non-stop to NOLA for a brief visit, 1-3 days, then Spirit makes financial sense.

It can also be fun watching the unprepared flip their lids at the gate when hit with a $100 carry on fee.

• Upvote 1

I remember growing up in Plano and a company chartering package deals to Plano Wildcat playoff games. If I remember right, it included a chartered flight, hotel, game tickets, and bus transportation from airport to the game, the hotel, and back to the airport. It'd be great to see a company organize/sponsor something like this for North Texas away games.

• Upvote 1

It's just $30-40 man, no need to cram all yor stuff in there.

Can't you just put your tampons in your pocket or something?

Seriously? Asking for the girlfriend.

Or am I? :ph34r:

However, backpacks are not part of this fee nor are purses or European carry alls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=a-fraAN7in4#t=0s

Edited by UNT90