Why the New C-USA Trumps the old CUSA (AAC)

:abe:Ring in the New...Wring' Out the Old! (like inside one of those old wringer washin' machines) :)

FACT IS: All our newbie schools want to be here (in the new C-USA) and are excited about it. In fact, much of our excitement & enthusiasm has spilled over to CUSA veteran mainstays if you read many of their alums and fan's posts.

All the newbie CUSA schools want to be (honest to goodness) positive contributors while theirs (ex C-USA'ers who I assure will soon be going to AAC meetings once they see what they've done with basically the same crowd for almost no additional bucks) yet..........

........aren't many of that group most always looking over their shoulders ready to jump at the drop of a hat while leaping on top their travel partner's shoulders to get a good view of what they perceive is a "grass is greener" scenario?

And would some of their group standing on their travel partners shoulders to get that good greener grass view have no problem jumping off their good buddy's shoulders after using them for their purpose and saying something like.........'see ya' later--and hang all that travel partner malarky!

Can you really build a good, strong, viable conference's foundation with those who are constantly always looking elsewhere and are never satisfied to bloom where planted? Seems to me we have a bunch of real, bonafide bloomers in the new CUSA while the AAC has a bunch of bloomin' id---s who would sell their mother's soul to the devil to leave their present conference behind to make a couple extra bucks.

:abe: Any other ideas on this thread's subject title from our "thinkers outside the box crowd"' as to other reasons the new, vibrant C-USA trumps the new AAC?

*Erma Bombeck said all that "grass is greener" many times because its growing on top a septic tank.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Now I knew you were a senile old fool but this takes the cake. Many of the current cusa schools are excited because they know that this is as far as they will go.

Being content with a heavily watered down CUSA (this conference is absolutely nothing like it was when we were in it.) Is why UNT is where its at today.

Being content with no drive is what got UNT left out of the SWC.

Being content with no drive is what got UNT left out of the real CUSA. (The original one)

If we weren't always looking for greener grass (inb4 somebody makes a drug joke) we wouldn't be in the big 12 right now.

If it wasn't for the big 12 callup, we would be in the AAC right now. They are all hungry and for about 4-6 of them, their next move will be to the p5 should everybody go to 16 teams each.

So go ahead and be content with being a third-rate football team in a fourth-rate conference. Its all you guys have been your whole lives anyway.

Edited by FroggyStyle
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 11

Now I knew you were a senile old fool but this takes the cake. Many of the current cusa schools are excited because they know that this is as far as they will go.

Being content with a heavily watered down CUSA (this conference is absolutely nothing like it was when we were in it.) Is why UNT is where its at today.

Being content with no drive is what got UNT left out of the real CUSA. (The original one)

If we weren't always looking for greener grass (inb4 somebody makes a drug joke) we wouldn't be in the big 12 right now.

If it wasn't for the big 12 callup, we would be in the AAC right now. They are all hungry and for about 4-6 of them, their next move will be to the p5 should everybody go to 16 teams each.

So go ahead and be content with being a third-rate football team in a fourth-rate conference. Its all you guys have been your whole lives anyway.

That's funny coming from a fan of a team that got their tails kicked in a weak Big 12. Congrats on that by the way.

It's too bad the mainstream media doesn't even care about TCU now that y'all are in a Power 5 conference. hah

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

First of all, as my high school and college friends used to say "you can kiss my rusty ass".

We did not get blocked from the SWC because of no drive. Because we hired Hayden Fry, found the money to pay him, and he almost immediately started knocking on the SWC's door. AND as I recall, this was the era where TCU was pretty much resting on their laurels and living off (as the British would say) "the dole" that the SWC provided them. This is TCU's record during that era when Hayden Fry was hired by NT....

1978 2-9 1977 2-9 1976 0-11 1975 1-10 1974 1-10 1973 3-8

AND I seem to recall that one of those losses during that era was to UTA. TCU's response to that loss.....they cancelled the rest of the series. Meanwhile, one of our wins during that era was a 28-0 butt kicking of Houston in 1975, who went on to win the SWC in 76. Meanwhile TCU avoided playing North Texas during that era.

If there was a lack of drive, it was from our previous administration(s) that only wanted us to be the "best little teachers' college in the southwest". Which we were BTW. The same administration didn't believe in having a mean green club or even an endowment for that matter. We were blocked by some of the SWC members from entering during that era, and I suspect that at least one of them was a certain school resting on their laurels.

Did I mention that you can kiss my rusty ass?

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 7

t

Old fool, maybe---but senile? That's hitting below my sansebelt and polyester slacks pulled up to my belly button, Froggie Guy.

Addendum To Froggie-Style:

TCU has reached its destination...now leave us alone and allow us to enjoy our journey; of which sometimes such journeys are as exciting and meaningful as those who've finally reached their destination of choice.

I also wonder how soon the squirming would begin in Cowtown when UT and OU see the Aggies success removed from the present Big 12 underlings and bail out--Aggie Style)?

Nothing in the NCAA is set in concrete, Froggie Guy--yall should know that more than anyone as when yall got jump-kicked out of the Southwest Conference and were not given a forwarding address to the (then) new Big 12.................again....nothing is set in concrete in today's NCAA. And 2 just for you: Pride cometh before destruction or....boast not lest ye fall? Ol' blue eyes also said it best...riding high in April--shot down in May? (Cognitive skills not as sharp as they used to be but after all, I'm a senile old fool, right, Froggie Guy?

And this from Silver E's research department:

TCU: The F.A. "Dry" Years?

1978......2-9

1977 .....2-9 1

1976..... 0-11

1975..... 1-10

1974 .....1-10

1973..... 3-8

Jumpin' Jehosophats! No wonder yall wouldn't play North Texas in the 70's (or the 50's and 60's for that matter).

In the spirit of true intercollegiate competition TCU would only schedule North Texas when we were in a losing mode--so that mean't for well over 3 decades of the NCAA's modern era TCU wouldn't think of scheduling the Mean Green.

? ? ? ? During that span of decades, had they only played us just 20 times wouldn't we have added close to 20 "W's" to our all time series with the HornyToads?

Here you go, Froggie Guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOGWbzUM-y8

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

Sic Gloria Transit, Froggie Guy. We are in our ascendency and we will see the day when the Horny Toads will match the decline and near extinction of their namesakes. That day will come some day "just as sure as the turning of the earth". (John Wayne, "The Searchers",1956. And by the way, Horned Lizard, pride DOES goeth before the fall.

• Upvote 1

Sic Gloria Transit, Froggie Guy. We are in our ascendency and we will see the day when the Horny Toads will match the decline and near extinction of their namesakes. That day will come some day "just as sure as the turning of the earth". (John Wayne, "The Searchers",1956. And by the way, Horned Lizard, pride DOES goeth before the fall.

"....just as sure as the turning of the earth"

My favorite John Ford western (for obvious family history reasons of which the Making of The Seachers would mention such) and my 2'nd favorite would be the series adapted from UNT grad Larry McMurtry's book.... Lonesome Dove.

Trivia: Apparently the late, great Buddy Holly liked John Wayne's "The Seacher's" too, because Texas Ranger Ethan Edwards (the Duke) use of the phrase "that'll be the day" inspired Holly's hit with the same title.

Are there are any froggies in either of our 2 noodle ponds near Apogee? Maybe even bull frogs, too? (You all know their legs when fried taste like chicken, right)? :)

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

According to a recent book on the making of "The Searchers" (I can't recall the name), the Buddy Holly story is true. As far as frog legs tasting like chicken, that is true, but no one would want to eat a Great Horned Lizard. The day will come when those lizards will return to the dark abyss from which they came while the Eagle will soar higher and higher toward the mountain tops and heavens. GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1

It still amazes me at how many other Big XII and SEC schools have trolls on this website that scoreboard our program...oh wait, its just one, the new money of the BC$, Texas Christian University. That's the ultimate paradox, since TCU is known synonymously with Ft Worth's old money. Old money never flaunts, because they don't have to. New money always has to talk, though, usually because they know it can all vanish in a second. Doesn't that describe TCU in a nutshell--worked super hard to achieve greatness and get rewarded by taking A&M's place in the Big XII--only to still be a Texas bolt away from being back in the MWC... You'd better enjoy Lubbock, Austin, Norman, Stillwater, Lawrence, Manhattan, Morgantown, and Ames while you can. Because you and your Waco mates might just find yourselves playing games (again for you) in outposts like Albuquerque, Ft. Collins, Laramie, Boise, and San Jose.

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 2

It still amazes me at how many other Big XII and SEC schools have trolls on this website that scoreboard our program...oh wait, its just one, the new money of the BC$, Texas Christian University. That's the ultimate paradox, since TCU is known synonymously with Ft Worth's old money. Old money never flaunts, because they don't have to. New money always has to talk, though, usually because they know it can all vanish in a second. Doesn't that describe TCU in a nutshell--worked super hard to achieve greatness and get rewarded by taking A&M's place in the Big XII--only to still be a Texas bolt away from being back in the MWC... You'd better enjoy Lubbock, Austin, Norman, Stillwater, Lawrence, Manhattan, Morgantown, and Ames while you can. Because you and your Waco mates might just find yourselves playing games (again for you) in outposts like Albuquerque, Ft. Collins, Laramie, Boise, and San Jose.

Good untjim1995. Thats what I say.
  • Upvote 1

untjim1995, on 08 Jul 2013 - 2:10 PM, said:snapback.png

Good untjim1995. Thats what I say.

And I second that..........(emotion). Smokey Robinson & the Miracles

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I think Plumm and the others would probably agree with this, which I think is actually where he was going with this in the first place. The AAC is screwed because of exactly what you said...there are a few that will probably be moving up soon, and I don't know if the AAC will survive as they are still brand new. The choice will be either try to snatch a few more from Go5 conferences (if TV deals and such are still worth people moving for) or hang it all up and the remaining schools go back from whence they came.

Aside from the "what if" discussion of TCU and the AAC, this is really the only relevant part of the post since the rest was just a pissing match about TCU vs. UNT.

That being said, if none of you have actually tried Froggy Style, you should. Just hopefully not with him ^ ;)