Does the pressure to break through break UNT?

Harry

After a brief hiatus from our summer questions series on UNT football, we are back at it today with question No. 10 — Does the pressure to break through break UNT?

I’ve been working on a series of stories that will run later in the summer on the 100th year of UNT football that will look at the program’s past and its future.

The one thing I’ve heard over and over from UNT officials, coaches and fans is the bottom line — “UNT just needs to win some football games.”

That isn’t exactly breaking news. It’s the same thing fans and boosters have been saying as well.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/07/post-spring-questions-series-no-10-does-the-pressure-build-and-impact-unt.html/

I wondered the same thing. Pressure to win can be a two-edged sword. Here's hoping that sword faces the right way for the Mean Green this year. Having a full complement of scholarships, some interesting transfers and some experience a size returning could just help to counteract the pressure to win. Heaven knows, It's time for UNT to do some winning!